By: RealVNC Limited
Version #: 1.0
Date Released: 2010-02-02
Price: 9.99User Rating:
VNC Viewer is from RealVNC, the inventors of VNC. It can connect to any Mac OS X computer, and to any Windows, Linux, or UNIX computer running a VNC-compatible Server. RealVNC recommends VNC Enterprise Edition for robust, secure, and high-performance connections, and for its unrivalled flexibility. For more information, see www.realvnc.com.
1. Download VNC Viewer from the App Store.
2. If you are not using Mac OS X Screen Sharing or Remote Desktop, install and start a VNC-compatible Server on the computer you want to control. For information on getting the latest version of VNC Enterprise Edition, visit www.realvnc.com/products/enterprise.
3. Find out the address of the VNC-compatible Server. This will likely consist of the computer's IP address and the port on which the VNC-compatible Server is listening for connection requests. You will need this information when you connect from VNC Viewer. To see how to do this for VNC Enterprise Edition, start with www.realvnc.com/products/iphone/1.0/guide.
4. If you are connecting over the Internet, you may need to configure firewalls and routers protecting the computer to allow communications. Start with www.realvnc.com/products/iphone/1.0/guide for more information. (If you are connecting over a Wi-Fi-enabled private network such as a LAN or VPN, you should be able to connect without further configuration.)
5. Start VNC Viewer, identify the computer you want to control, and connect!
* Interact with your computer as though you were sitting in front of it.
* Pinch to zoom in to a specific area, or out to see the whole picture.
* Easy navigation, scrolling, dragging, and selection using standard touch, tap, and drag gestures.
* Mouse button mode for precise control over mouse button and scrolling operations.
* Easy text entry using on-screen keyboard with preview.
* Special buttons for non-character keys such as the cursor keys and Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and Delete.
* Transfer text between applications on your computer and iPhone or iPod touch.
* Automatic performance optimization.
* Support for screen resolutions up to 5120 by 2400 pixels (though the actual resolution is limited only by the memory of your iPhone or iPod touch).
Users connecting to VNC Enterprise Edition also enjoy the following significant benefits:
* Connections encrypted by industry-standard 128 bit AES technology.
* Authentication credentials protected by 2048 bit RSA public keys.
* Platform-native authentication in order to connect using computer log on credentials.
* Enhanced performance.
* Support for non-US keyboards.
VNC Enterprise Edition is available for a wide range of Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and UNIX computer operating systems. For more information, visit www.realvnc.com/products/enterprise.
VNC Viewer can connect securely to a computer running:
* VNC Enterprise Edition (version 4.x).
* VNC Personal Edition (version 4.x).
VNC Viewer can also connect to a computer running:
* VNC Free Edition (version 4.1).
* Screen Sharing or Remote Desktop Servers incorporated in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5.
* Third-party VNC-compatible Servers.
VNC is a registered trademark of RealVNC Ltd. in the U.S. and in other countries.
Article By admin
admin has written 213273 awesome app reviews.