Asphalt 8: Airborne Review – Cheating gravity
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 1.0.1
Date Released: 2013-08-22
Developer: Asphalt 8: Airborne Support
Price: $0.99User Rating:
When I found out that the next title in Asphalt series will be available for just 99 cents, I was sure that it would either compromise on its gameplay or be filled with purchasable contents. But now, each time I play Asphalt 8: Airborne, I feel like rechecking the price!
This one of course, retains the same Arcade type racing gameplay, as the predecessors and that means, it bears more resemblance to Need For Speed than Real Racing titles. But Gameloft has tried hard and also succeeded in adding few unique touches to make the experience a fresh one.
The stunning interface lets you choose from Career, Quick play and Online challenges. Indulge in hard core sprints, lap races, knockdowns, one-on-one, drift gates, elimination and the unique infection races in beautiful tracks across the world. Upgrade cars, repair them, unlocks & buy new ones and so on; the regular stuff!
Though everything seems similar to ancient racing games, it is quite early to judge that. As the name suggests, Asphalt 8: Airborne finds your car spending alot of time in the air, doing barrel rolls, flat rolls and jumping off cliffs. The addition of stunts, air time, landing wrecks and catchy shortcuts makes the game instantly different. The Infection mode has something new to offer too and so does the idea of intertwined tracks.
The graphic effects are eye-popping with avalanches, rock falls, river flows, deserts, dust and more. The neon graphics for infected cars and the cutscenes for wrecks are spectacular too. Th controls are wonderful in doing exactly what we intend and things seem too easy from the very first race. Upgrading cars and buying new ones are the only areas where you might be tempted by the in app purchases, but it is not at all a must.
In short, Asphalt 8: Airborne is one of those few racing games which provides a premium experience in a not so premium tag. A ‘must have’ for hardcore racing fans!
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:Racing fans
What I Like:The graphics
What I Don't Like:The slow progress without IAPs
Final Statement:It gives you wings!
"The iOS platform has quietly become a haven for great racers, and Asphalt 8 looks to be leading the pack right now" -- Touch Arcade 5/5
"A brilliantly put together arcade racing package" -- Pocket Gamer 9/10 (Gold Award)
The best iOS arcade racing game series reaches a new turning point! Perform dynamic, high-speed aerial stunts in an intense driving experience powered by a brand-new physics engine!
LUXURY DREAM CARS
• 47 high-performance cars (80% NEW!)
• Top licensed manufacturers and models like the Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R
• Newly recorded high-fidelity motor sounds for realistic audio immersion.
• Hit the ramps and take the race upward
• Perform barrel rolls and wild 360º jumps
• Maneuver through the air while pulling off stunts
NEW EXOTIC LOCATIONS
• 9 different settings, such as Venice, French Guiana, Iceland, the Nevada Desert & other exciting locations!
• All tracks available in original and mirror variations in Career mode
• Discover plenty of hidden shortcuts
NEW FEATURES FOR SPEED FREAKS
• 8 seasons & 180 events in the Career mode
• Stunning visuals thanks to next-gen shaders, real-time geometry reflection & other amazing effects
• Check out the new Infected and Drift Gate modes
• A detailed damage system
SIMULTANEOUS MULTIPLAYER & GHOST CHALLENGES
• Simultaneous multiplayer action for up to 8 opponents (not available for iPod touch 4th generation and iPhone 4)
• Dare friends to asynchronous races
• Compare scores on the new leaderboards with friends and drivers around the world
• Share your racing achievements and prove that you’re the ultimate speed machine
MUSIC TO REV YOUR SOUL
• A heart-thumping mix of amazing licensed music
• Featuring tracks from Bloc Party, Mutemath & The Crystal Method!
Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
Article By Roshan
From the first iPod Touch till the new iPad Mini, Roshan has loved each of his iDevices and has been busy tweaking and getting the most out of them. As a Med student from India, he splits his time between studying corpse and writing about his iOS passion. When not on the web, you could find him glued to TV Shows, movies or the bed! Recently, he has taken upon the role of an appreneur and is currently working on a revolutionary new app, Cyan for Facebook.
roshan has written 187 awesome app reviews.