A Simple iPhone Image Processing Library
Chris Greening has put together simple-iphone-image-processing, a “simple C++ class with an Objective-C wrapper that provides a set of common image processing tasks” as well as UIImage conversion.
So what do you get..?
- Canny edge detection – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canny_edge_detection
- Histogram equalisation – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram_equalisation
- Skeletonisation – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topological_skeleton
- Thresholding, adaptive and global – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thresholding_(image_processing)
- Gaussian blur (used as a preprocessing step for canny edge detection) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_blur
- Brightness normalisation – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalization_(image_processing)
- Connected region extraction – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blob_extraction
- Resizing – using interpolation