How To Change The SMS Ringtone Of An iPhone
We all know to make custom ringtones for our iPhones. We cannot use them in any other case but only when our phone rings, when we receive an email or a text we can only select predefined phone rings.
Well, now there is a solution to our problem. In this tutorial you will learn how to make a custom ringtone for SMS. Attention, you will need to replace a ringtone because it cannot be added to the list as normal ringtones.
First you have to jailbreak your phone as without jailbreak you cannot do anything. And you need a converter from .mp3 in .caf or .afi (I used this program as it is useful) and [download id = “2”]. Install both programs and turn them on.
1. I guess you’ve already chosen what you would use as a SMS ringtone. First convert the song in .afi with the help of Switch Audio File Converter that you have downloaded.
2. After you have converted go to the directory where you saved the conversion. Now rename your file converted to something like sms-receivedx.caf where x is a number from 1 to 6, specify the ringtone that you want to replace. For example, if you want to replace the chemistry ringtone your file should look like this: sms-received2.caf
3. After you rename the file connect your phone to the computer, turn on ifunbox.
4. Go to System File Raw System/Library/Audio/UISounds. There, right click and Copy from PC and then select your favorite ringtone.
5. After you have copied the ringtone go to safe removal of your iPhone and then go to its menu at Settings/Sounds/New Text Message and select the file name that you just replaced. You’ll see that the old song is gone and the new one appears there.