CameraLock, Lockscreen Shortcut to Camera Apps on iOS 4
Camera shortcut on lockscreen officially introduced by Apple on Apple’s WWDC 2011 event. If you already seen all iOS 5 top features, you may notice that iOS 5 will have shortcut to camera app from lockscreen. You can launch camera app from lockscreen, save time to get the best photo of the best moment.
However, iOS 5 is still beta phase, we will need to wait until iOS 5 final version released. Anyway, Flippo Bigarella, a jailbreak developer launched a new jailbreak tweak called CameraLock.
CameraLock will put camera shortcut on iPhone lockscreen, let you launch camera app faster. Exactly as seen on iOS 5 introduction. CameraLock is even better than iOS 5 default feature. In case iOS 5 only support default camera app, CameraLock supports up to six best camera apps you have installed on iPhone such as Instagram, Camera+, Hipstamatic, QuickPix, ProCamera, and other best camera apps which available on iTunes app store.
CameraLock is only compatible with iOS 4.1 or later.
So anxious to try CameraLock app to put camera shortcut on iPhone lockscreen?
Go get CameraLock, it’s available for free on Cydia.
- Add this repository to cydia: http://filippobiga.me/repo
- Once done, search for CameraLock, install and confirm.
- When CameraLock has been installed on iPhone, tap Settings, scroll down, and you will see option to configure CameraLock.
- Turn on the Always Show Button option to show CameraLock icon on lockscreen.
- Turn on the Bypass passcode option if you have passcode set on iPhone and want to allow CameraLock to bypass the passcode authentication process. Once done taking photos, the lockscreen will be locked again.
- Tap Select Camera app to pick your favorite camera app on iPhone other than default camera app.
- When you have done setting everything on CameraLock, it’s show time. Lock your iPhone screen by pressing the sleep/wake button and press once again to see the lockscreen.
Hiyya, a camera shortcut button on the iphone lockscreen!
Tap the camera shortcut icon and you will automatically launch the favorite camera app you have configured before.
So, what do you think about CameraLock tweak?