Contract Killer 2 for Android – Review
App Type: Android
By: Glu Mobile
Version #: 1.0.1
Date Released: 20121101
Price: 0User Rating:
We all know that there is no shortage of 1st and/or 3rd person shooter games in the PlayStore for our Android devices! That said, I think we can agree that there is a severe lacking of games that both look great, and have awesome game play built in. Well, Contact Killers 2 attempts to fill that gap for us all. In a very unique decision, Glu Mobile decided to give us an ‘all in one game’. Yes, that is right, behold, a 1st, and 3rd, person shooter in one. Not to mention, it’s free?
In Contract Killer 2 you are Jack Griffin, the ultimate Contract Killer. Experience an intense, international storyline combining long-range kill shots and close-range melee attacks. To survive in this line of work, you have to sneak your way in, shoot your way out!
- 1ST-PERSON SNIPER CONTRACTS
Use scopes and silencers to conduct long-range assassinations
- 3RD-PERSON ASSAULT CONTRACTS
Use cover and stealth to sneak up on your enemies and perform devastating melee attacks or just blast away! It’s your choice.
- This game has many amazing things going for it! In the time I spent playing the game I was constantly surprised by the amazing graphic quality. Regardless of story line, or in high action gaming sequences, the graphics stayed clean, crisp, and as high res as my devices would allow. The looks alone made this game feel like it was worth some money.
- The game play is fantastic. The action here reminded me a lot of a ‘Splinter Cell’ game… and everything you would expect to go with it. The fact that the game gives you so many options while playing makes it feel that much more intuitive. In any given battle you can take cover, move locations, sneak up on enemies and melee, free fire, aim down your scopes to snipe the enemy, switch weapons, throw knives, toss grenades, and much more. All of this action and your device never feels too small!
- The game is only free as it intends for you to spend a ton of money once inside the app. All of the good points for this game are quickly negated by the fact that between moments of actual gameplay, you are forced to navigate a relentless gauntlet of what feels like malware. You are never really sure what buttons will lead you to game play and what buttons will lead you to accidentally purchasing some ‘Glu Points.’ This, and this alone, is the only flaw with my experience on Contract Killer 2.
- I was sad to discover that you cannot go very far in this game by simply downloading the free app and playing. I found that I was quickly out of gaming options and needed to purchase additional features to continue to play. A pure bait and switch.
- This game requires a large amount of data. If you are on a 3G phone or even a 3MB, or less, wifi connection you will have little to no luck getting this game installed… yet alone running. However; if you have 4G it is all good.
THE UGLY TRUTH
Sadly, I would not recommend this game to anyone. It is worth playing, just to see how they put the game together as the game itself is absolutely awesome, but the packaging is unbearable. Truth be told, in this day and age I avoid every app that feels like SPAM, and this game feels a lot like SPAM. Nothing ruins a mobile experience for me more than someone constantly trying to get my money.
I would rate this game 3 out of 5. Were the actual game play not so enjoyable it would have been a 2 out of 5
Article By Umouch
umouch has written 3 awesome app reviews.