Adobe Photoshop Touch for Phone – Review – Photoshop in the Palm of your Hand
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 1.0.0
Date Released: 2013-02-27
Price: 4.99User Rating:
The first thing I noticed about Adobe Photoshop Touch for Phone is the more generic name “for phone” rather than for the iPhone. That’s because this is also available for the Android operating system. But I digress…
There is already an iPad version of this app (and a darn good one too), but I was curious about whether the touch capabilities would translate well to the smaller screen of the iPhone even through a user is more likely to use the iPhone as a camera than the iPad. I remain ambivalent after use.
All the usual Photoshop capabilities are there: layers, history, adjustments, styles, etc. There are literally thousands of apps in the App Store that can do this. Where Photoshop Touch distinguishes itself (apart from the name value) is that you can synchronize your work (up to 2 GB for free, more with a surcharge) between Adobe applications including the full-blown Adobe Photoshop (version 5.1 or later). There are other ways to export a file including e-mail and sharing on iTunes. Also, let’s not underestimate the simple and elegant design of this app, which is near-perfect for the iPhone.
One other thing missing from this version of the app that is on the iPad is the marvelous step-by-step animated examples of how to use it. Despite this, there is still a decent help file available.
My only complaint is that the smaller screen makes it difficult to outline elements for editing with your finger. The larger screen space of the iPad makes that better for bigger projects.
In short, if you want to do a quickie project from a photo you just took on the iPhone, then this is virtually the best app in the App Store for it. If you want to do something a bit more complex and involved, I’d recommend getting the iPad version (and there is no law that says you can’t have both).
Would I Buy Again:Yes.
Who Is It For:Photography experts and Adobe enthusiasts.
What I Like:Elegant design. Much capability. The high-quality Adobe name.
What I Don't Like:Difficult to work with on the smaller screen (not Adobe's fault). Missing the animated help files from the iPad app.
Final Statement:The best Adobe could do under the circumstances, and it was well done.
Transform your images with core Photoshop features. Combine images, apply professional effects, and share results with friends and family through Facebook and Twitter — all from the convenience of your iPhone and iPod Touch. Enjoy most of the same features as the iPad version:
• Use popular Photoshop features, such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters, to create mind-blowing images.
• Improve your photos using classic Photoshop features to bring out the best in your photography. Apply precise tone and color adjustments to your entire composition, a particular layer, or a select area.
• Create something other-worldly using painting effects, filter brushes, and so much more. With Photoshop Touch, the creative possibilities are endless.
• Make your images pop with graphical text. Apply strokes, add drop shadows and fades, and more.
• Take advantage of your device’s camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique Camera Fill feature.
• Quickly combine images together. Select part of an image to extract just by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With the Refine Edge feature, use your fingertip to easily capture hard-to-select image elements, like hair.
• Start a project on your iPhone or iPod Touch and finish it on your iPad* or back in Photoshop** at your desk using a free membership to Adobe Creative Cloud™.*** Your projects are automatically synced between your devices.
• Free membership to Creative Cloud provides 2GB of cloud storage.
• Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Images up to 12 megapixels are supported.
*Requires separate purchase of Photoshop Touch for tablet.
**Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 or later.
Creative Cloud may not be available in all countries or languages and may be subject to change or discontinuation without notice. - See more at: https://appshopper.com/photography/adobe-photoshop-touch-for-phone#sthash.S6V7EWjI.dpuf
Article By BradT
bradt has written 504 awesome app reviews.