Avengers Alliance Review – A Disappointment
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Marvel Entertainment
Version #: 2.1
Date Released: 2013-07-09
Developer: Marvel Entertainment
Price: FreeUser Rating:
Earlier on DC released Injustice: Gods Among Us for iOS devices. The game was phenomenal, based much like the Tekken or Street Fighter style games though with much easier and toned down controls but with equally impressive graphics. I expected Marvel to come up with something similar, and when Avengers Alliance showed up on the app store I thought I was in for a treat.
I thought wrong.
To sum things up this was a complete disappointment. A turn based game, you see pathetic excuses for sprites take turns bombarding each other with moves that reminded me of the old Pokemon games. Yes, those were great but surely we’ve advanced enough for something a little more amazing haven’t we?
The game seemed more like a money sucker to me. Sure it was free to download, but game play seemed to skewed towards having me purchase in-app gold to boost my game play and this could potentially chalk up some hefty bills. The plot was generally irrelevant as the game was mostly repetitive, with getting stronger and grinding being the crux of Avengers Alliance.
All in all I am disappointed. And even for a free app, this is something I would not download again.
Would I Buy Again:No
Who Is It For:Marvel fans
What I Like:Nothing much
What I Don't Like:The gameplay and structure of the app
Final Statement:Marvel at my disappointment
Team up with the Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men, and S.H.I.E.L.D. to harness the potential of a mysterious power source before Dr. Doom, Loki, and the world's most dangerous villains beat you to it. Recruit your favorite Marvel Heroes, gear up and Assemble in this new game.
***** GAME FEATURES *****
- Stunning graphics and special FX.
- Team up with 28+ Marvel Heroes including the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and more!
- 450+ battles including Boss and Epic Boss battles.
- 60+ missions and hundreds of quests.
- Over 400 in-game items.
- Customizable agent and hero stats.
- Join forces with friends and send/receive FREE gifts.
- Player VS Player (PVP) mode. (coming soon)
- Special Operations (Spec Ops) mode. (coming soon)
- Internet connection is required to play Avengers Alliance.
- Game play and stats are not linked with the Facebook version of the Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
- Compatible with iPhone 4 or newer, iPad 2 or newer, and iPod Touch 5.
- This game is not optimized for iPod Touch 4 or older.
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.