Battle Nations Review – To war
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Z2Live, Inc
Version #: 2.8.0
Date Released: 2011-11-17
Developer: Z2Live, Inc
Price: FreeUser Rating:
Not too long ago, the word saw North Korea announce its declaration of war. Has anyone ever wondered what it would be like to be a commander at the front line?
Battle Nations gives a slight insight to what commanding an army is like, albeit simplified and a little exaggerated.
In this game, players are in control of their own nations, equipped with armies and even espionage units for saboteur missions.
Players can choose to pit themselves against the AI, or against real players around the world. Gameplay involves strategic placement of units as well as the actual raw strength of each unit which can be upgraded as the game progresses.
But while the gist of the game deserves many thumbs up, with its depth of content and features, the true cost of the game might come across as a drawback for potential players.
Even though the game is labelled a free app, in-app purchases run expensive with some perks coming up to $49.99. Like most free games that depend on in-app purchases for income, Battle Nations is playable totally free, but after the initial few levels things get extremely difficult and these expensive in-app purchases provide a more than imbalanced edge over other players without them.
Would I Buy Again:No
Learning Curve:Moderate, the game has depth and takes a while to understand
Who Is It For:Fans of strategy based games
What I Like:The depth of content
What I Don't Like:The overeall cost of the game is expensive
Final Statement:War is more than a game.
• “This game has a great look to it...and its roster of characters are well-written and even sometimes genuinely funny.” Kotaku.com
• “Battle Nations is freemium done well, offering more entertainment for your download than most of its competition.” TouchArcade.com
You're in command of the Imperial Army and must complete missions across the great Frontier. Assemble an army of lethal troops and vehicles, as you gather precious resources to build a resourceful and efficient Outpost. With the help of Sgt. Ramsey, Lt. Morgan, Floyd, Zoey, Perkins, and more, you'll keep the Empire safe from treachery.
• Over 500 missions, with more on the way!
• Over 100 unique troops and vehicles with distinct skills, abilities, and attacks!
• Construct, customize, and fortify your Outpost with a variety of buildings: Military Installations, Shops, Resources, Housing, Decor, and more!
• Engage in strategic turn-based combat in variety of locations across the Battle Nations world!
• Battle your friends and others players around the world in Friend vs. Friend and Random PvP Matches!
• Enjoy incredibly detailed graphics and animations on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac!
• Battle Nations is entirely FREE-TO-PLAY. However, some items in the game can be purchased with real money.
• A network connection is required to play Battle Nations.
Have questions, issues, or suggestions? We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at: www.z2.com/game/battle-nations
Follow @BattleNations for the latest news, events, tips, updates, and more!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BattleNations
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.