Key facts from Apple's amazing Earnings Call
Yesterday Apple held their Q2 2014 conference call. CEO Tim Cook and new CFO Luca Maestri went over the numbers, and honestly they look stunning.
Tim Cook addressed how the Apple TV is hardly a hobby any more, as well as discussing the recent release of Microsoft Office for the iPad.
Thanks to 9to5Mac for compiling some of the most interesting numbers:
- $150.6 billion – The size of the cash pile Apple is current sitting on
- 98% – Customer satisfaction rating for the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display
- 95% – iPad’s current share of the U.S. education tablet market
- 4x – The amount of web traffic generated by iPad users in comparison to Android devices. As in, all Android devices. Every single one combined.
- 24 – The number of companies Apple has acquired in the past 18 months
- 800 million – The number of iTunes accounts in use worldwide
- 60% – The percentage of new iPhone 5c owners who previously used Android
- 62% – The percentage of users who switched from Android to the iPhone 4s. Yeah, that’s right. The iPhone from 2011.
- 50% – The iPhone’s current market share in Japan