Apple refreshes MacBook Pro lineup
It was rumored for a few days and is now official, Apple has refreshed their Retina MacBook Pro line for the first time since October. The company has added a speedier Haswell chips, as well as boosted the standard RAM to 8GB on the 13-inch notebooks, while the 15-inch models feature 16GB of RAM.
Apple is expected to release a full upgrade once Intel’s next gen 14-nanometer Broadwell processors are ready, however this likely will not happen until some time 2015.
New models include:
– $1299: 2.6 GHz dual-core i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB flash storage
– $1499: 2.6 GHz dual-core i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB flash storage
– $1799: 2.8 GHz dual-core i7 processor, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB flash storage
– $1999: 2.2 GHz quad-core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB flash storage
– $2499: 2.5 GHz quad-core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB flash storage
The new refreshed Retina MacBook Pros are available today through the online store as well as through the company’s various retail locations. All standard configurations have a shipping availability of 24 hours, while customized orders carry a 1-3 day shipping availability.