Apple releases WWDC support app
For those among our readers who have been lucky enough to get tickets for the WWDC starting next week, Apple has launched a new WWDC iOS app, the purpose of the app is to provide attendees with the latest news and events going on at the conference.
What’s great about the app this year is the fact that it offers all registered Apple developers the possibility to watch videos from the conference as they are posted daily, in the past Apple has been posting session online after the event finished however this year for the first time they will be uploading the videos during the conference.
This is what it says on the app page:
Make the most of the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference with the WWDC app. Even if you can’t join us in San Francisco, you can still follow along each day — session videos are just a tap away for all Registered Apple Developers.
– Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events
– Mark schedule items as favorites with a simple double-tap
– Watch session videos, available daily
– Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another
– Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see daily snapshots
– View maps to find your way around Moscone West
– Provide feedback on session content and speakers within the session details view
– Add your attendee information to Passbook for speedier on-site registration
WWDC 2013 starts with Apple’s keynote at 10:00 AM Pacific Time next Monday, June 10.
Apple’s WWDC app is available free of charge from the App Store.
We will be live blogging during the keynote so make sure to bookmark our page!