Google Maps finally out for iPhone!
On December 13, 2012
It has long been rumored that Google would be bringing Google Maps to iOS 6, well the day has finally come!
Google just unleashed Google Maps for iPhone in Apple’s App Store. You might all remember that Apple decided to abandon Google Maps for their own “brilliant” solution, and well we all know how that turned out…Not only has Google brought back their mapping solution, their new app includes turn-by-turn navigation and Google Street View, overall the new app just feels snappier than the previous version. Here are the full release notes from Google:
Navigate your world with Google Maps, now available for iPhone. Get comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View and more. Use Google Maps to discover great places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and reviews from people you trust. Sign in to save your favorite places and quickly access all your past searches and directions from your computer, right on your phone.
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
You can get the app from here: