How To Add An Email Account On iPhone And iPad
If you’ve recently purchased an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod touch, you may have noticed the Mail application. This is a native iOS application with which you can read, manage, respond to and compose mail messages, all in a manner as simple and intuitive can be. iOS Mail app is very useful and will help you view emails as soon as they were received on the server and provides dozens of extremely useful functions. It works with most major mail services, among which include Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail and iCloud.
Adding an email account on an iOS device is very simple. If you are not sure how to do it, follow the steps below:
- Open setup application from the home screen of your iOS device;
- Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars;
- In the Accounts section, click the Add Account button;
- Select the mail service provider that matches the email address that you want to add;
- Enter your name, email address, password and give it its proper name account, so if you add more accounts can distinguish them each. After you have entered all the data, click on the Next button in the upper right corner;
- Your iOS device will check if the data entered by you is accurate. If everything is properly inserted, then you move to the next step. If you mistyped your email address and password you will see a warning message and will need to input that data correctly;
- Select the applications you want to be synced with the account email. If you wish to disable one of the applications, switch button next to its name to OFF/I. Switching the button next to E-mail to OFF/O will disable that specific email account. These applications can be reactivated later in Settings. After making the changes, press the Save button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Your email account has been created. Now go into the Mail app to start and enjoy all of its functions.