How to: Enable iOS 5 beta 5 on iPhone with the ability to use the phone function
Since the iOS 5 beta came, we have a variety of methods to activate our devices.
Each different not only with its own implement way but also by how that affects the functions of the device.
Most of these methods are not activated in the true sense so we lose the ability to use the telephone and the activation is also tethered, i.e. to reset the terminal to be rebuilt. Fortunately the method below, activates the device and requires no recovery after the restart, but needs to perform a tethered jailbreak (you can also find it on our website).
To do this tutorial you must have iOS 5 beta 5 installed on your device and iTunes 10.5 Beta 5 installed in your computer. These two files you receive from a developer of iOS applications.
1. Install iOS 5 beta 5 on your terminal if you didn’t have it already.
2. After installation find the tutorial to make jailbreak for your device (if you haven’t done it already).
3. Boot tethered and use iFunbox or iPhone Explorer, access your device’s system files and navigate to: /System/Library/CoreServices where you copy the file SystemVersion.plist to your computer. I recommend that you save it in two different locations.
4. Open that file with a text editor and delete the entry. It is advisable to use notepad with administrator privileges if you are in Windows. To do this locate Notepad in PC (C:Windows), right click on the file and select Run as Administrator and then click Yes if you see a warning message. After you open the Notepad do a drag & drop in Notepad the file you’ve copied to your PC at the step 3 and delete the following entries:
5. After you save the document copy it to your device in the same location from which you took it and restart the terminal but I recommend to put it directly into DFU Mode and to boot tethered with redsn0w.
6. At the start of the device you will make the activation directly from the terminal without iTunes.
If you followed the steps correctly then you should be able to use iOS 5 including the phone function from your iPhone. These steps must be retaken every time you reboot the device.