How to jailbreak iOS 6.1 beta 2 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod 4G with RedSn0w 0.9.15b3
If you have upgraded to iOS 6.1 beta and you own an A4 device, then we have a good news for you – RedSn0w 0.9.15b3 works for all devices running A4 or earlier. This means it’s good for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G .
This is a tethered jailbreak which means that you have to connect your device to the PC and “boot tethered” every time your device restarts or shuts down.
Before jailbreaking, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and take a backup of your data via iTunes or iCloud .
1. Download the iOS 6 IPSW for your device:
3. Once downloaded, extract and open redsnow. Right click and select “run as administrator” on windows or Command + Click on Mac.
4. Now choose “Extras”, “Select IPSW” and select the iOS 6 file which you downloaded in Step 1.
5. Once the IPSW has been identified, Click “Back”.
6. Connect your device to the PC and select “Jailbreak”.
7. Follow the instructions which appear on the screen to put your device into DFU mode.
8. Once done , Choose “Install Cydia” and click next . Your device will now get jailbroken.
9. Go back to “Extras” and select “Just Boot”.
Note : You have to perform Step 9 whenever your device restarts or shuts down.
Congratulations ! Your device is now jailbroken!
You’re now able to access Cydia. Check out our list of Top 10 Cydia tweaks to get the most out of your iDevice .
Tell us your experience in the comments below.