How-to Unlock iPhone 4 with Gevey Ultra SIM
Before unlocking, you must jailbreak the iPhone 4 first. Please see our guide on iPhone Jailbreak categories.
What you can do with Gevey Ultra SIM?
It basically unlocks:
- iPhone 4 baseband 01.59.00
- iPhone 4 baseband 02.10.00
- iPhone 4 baseband 03.10.01
- iPhone 4 baseband 04.10.01
on any iOS version (gevey ultra tested and confirmed to be working up to iOS 5 beta 1)
Before you get started to unlock with gevey ultra sim, you need to connect your iPhone to Wifi network to get Internet access.
- Take of your micro SIM card
- Open Cydia and add the following repository to cydia sources: cydia.furiousmod.com
- Once done, tap Search menu in Cydia. Type FuriousMod to find FuriousMod tweak and install it to your iPhone.
- You will see No SIM Card Installed error message on iPhone. Turn the iPhone off by holding the sleep button.
- Put the Gevey Ultra SIM on the custom tray which included inside gevey ultra pack and put your SIM on the top of it. Insert the custom sim tray which contains your micro sim and gevey ultra sim into sim slot on iPhone.
- Press and hold the sleep button to turn on the iPhone 4. You should see the iPhone getting signal in approximately 60 seconds. Wait until the signal bar appears on the top of iPhone screen and ignore any error message on iPhone. Just do not do anything.
- In order to get 3G access, tap Settings → General → Network → activate Data Roaming option.
Watch the video how-to unlock iPhone 4 baseband 04.10.01 using Gevey Ultra SIM: