Jailbreak iOS4 (3G, 3GS, 4G)
How to Jailbreak iOS4 (include iOS 4.0 and iOS 4.0.1) by using JailbreakMe 2.0 by comex (et al.)
JailbreakMe is the new userland jailbreak for all iDevice (iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0, iPad iOS 3.2.1 / 3.2, iPod Touch iOS 4). JailbreakMe 2.0 by Comex can jailbreak All iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches starting from iOS 3.1.2.
* iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G running iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1 / 3.1.3 / 3.1.2
* iPad iOS 3.2.1 and iPad iOS 3.2
* All iPod Touches iOS 4.0 / 4.0.1 / 3.1.3 / 3.1.2
You will need an activated iPhone and you must be able to connect your iPhone to Internet and browse by using Safari browser. If you have an iPhone which stuck on Slide for Emergency Screen and Connect to iTunes logo, you will not be able to use JailbreakMe.
Here is the guide how to jailbreak iOS4 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G by using JailbreakMe:
1. Open Safari on your iPhone, then go to https://jailbreakme.com
2. Slide to Jailbreak to start jailbreak your iPhone. It will start downloading and then jailbreaking your iPhone.
3. It should be done within few minutes. A pop-up notification will appear and say
“Cydia has been added to the home screen.
Tap OK, and back to Home screen by pressing Home button in bottom center.
4. Done. Now you have a fully jailbroken iPhone.
If you have any issue regarding jailbreak using JailbreakMe 2.0, don’t forget to read comments below for reference.
If you need to unlock iOS 4.0 or unlock iOS 4.0.1, read this guide: Unlock iPhone baseband 05.13.04