iCade Mobile brings old-school gaming to iPhone and iPod Touch
I don’t know about you guys but sometimes I miss the old mobile gaming systems that actually had buttons. Well if you are like me then you are in luck, The iCade Mobile gaming system for iPhone is now available for purchase.
If the name sounds familiar then it’s because you have probably heard about it’s older and larger sibling, the iCade iPad enclosure, originally this device started as an April Fools joke back in 2010 by resembling an old-school arcade cabinet, however the design became so popular that ION teamed with Atari to actually create the product.
The iCade Mobile connects to the iPhone (3G and up) or iPod Touch (third-generation and fourth-generation) by Bluetooth, supports both landscape and portrait mode, runs on two AA batteries. The mobile gaming system currently works with over a hundred games, including Pac-Man and AirAttack, as well as other classics.
Fun and fast mobile gaming for your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Adds physical buttons and d-pad to make your gaming experience better
- Rotating cradle allows for landscape and portrait viewing
- Connects using wireless Bluetooth technology (set up once and you’re good to go!)
- Works with over 100 games and apps (search “iCade” in the app store)
- Ergonomic design lets you play for hours in comfort
- True control with eight action buttons and two-axis directional pad
- Compatibility: iPod Touch (3rd & 4th Gen), iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S
- Safety & Warranty Manual and Quickstart Guide included
- iPod Touch Insert included
- Batteries: 2 x AA (included)