Infuse 4 for iOS released
Infuse, one of the best media players for iPhone and iPad out there, has been updated to version 4.0. The all-new Infuse 4 brings full VoiceOver support, redesigned playback core, faster metadata fetching and includes fully licensed and certified Dolby (AC3/E-AC3), DTS and DTS-HD audio.
At first glance, Infuse 4 may look like something you’ve seen before, but that is where the similarities end. We’ve gone deep under the hood to make significant changes in just about every area. The end result is an all-new playback core, built on modern frameworks, that take full advantage of Apple’s latest hardware. Naturally, we’ve also added a few other goodies as well…read on for more details.
Everything that’s new in 4.0:
- All-new playback core, with many, many improvements and optimizations
- Optimized for iPad Pro
- Full VoiceOver support
- Faster (like way faster) metadata fetching
- Custom artwork for favorites and folders
- 5 all-new video zoom options
- Extra display options for subtitle font, size, and weight
- Landscape lock for iPad
- Extra sort order options
- Streaming related optimizations and improvements
- Improved default audio track selection
- Improved playback and rendering of 4K videos
- Improved title sorting
- Improved reliability of AirPlay and Google Cast
- Many subtle UI improvements
- Many, many, many other minor improvements and fixes
Note: Infuse 4 requires iOS 8 or later.
Infuse 4 is a free upgrade for all current Infuse users (v3 or later). Your current Pro features will transfer over automatically, and you can take advantage of all the new goodness version 4 has to offer without paying an extra cent.
Your Pro features also transfer over to Infuse 4 for the new Apple TV (and vice versa).