iOS 6 to launch on Wednesday, Sept. 19
On September 12, 2012
During the iPhone 5 event today Apple also announced the new operating software iOS 6, which is their next major update to an already extremely popular OS. iOS 6 will be ready for the public to download and install on September 19th.
iOS 6 will be available for the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, new iPad, iPad 2 and iPod touch. It launches two days before the iPhone 5 is set to debut.
- Maps search engine now finds points of interest and has 3D flyover views of cities
- From Notification Center you can tap to Tweet or Post to Facebook
- Safari now has fullscreen mode so it can use the entire display
- PhotoStream lets users share photos, like, and comment on them, but it’s not integrated with Facebook
- Siri has been upgraded to know more about sports, movies, restaurant reviews, Facebook integration, etc.
- Apps not optimized for 16:9 aspect ratio are centered with black bars so they work as intended
- Release date – September 19th