iPhone 5s/5c Buyers Guide For Amazon Trade-In Program
This is the era of switching on to newer versions of your mobile devices, but this is not easy with the high-end smartphones like Apple’s iPhones and Samsung’s Galaxy S series. Well, there’s a way with Amazon if your budget is limited. They have come up with their trade-in program to take off your old phones and give you good discounts on the newer, just launched gadgets.
Lately Amazon has started trade-in program for iPhone with the unveiling of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c on September 10. Both devices are expected to be released on September 20. The retail giant is accepting iPhone 4, 4S and 5 against a good value Amazon.com Gift Card, which can be redeemed as a discount while buying the newly unveiled iPhone 5s or 5c.
The Amazon trade-in program is just four steps away from you:
FIRST – You need to search for an item on their platform that you want to give off. Probably this time it is one of the iPhones here.
SECOND – Click on the ‘Trade-in’ button giving details of your e-mail address and other details.
THIRD – ‘Ship for FREE’. Amazon will be collecting the device from your place for free.
FOURTH – ‘Earn Amazon.com Gift Cards’. A good money is credited in your account in the form of Gift Cards that you can redeem while buying the iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C, if not other gadgets this time.
There are a few questions to be answered while you want to trade-in your iPhone:
- You don’t need any permission from your carrier to trade-in the iPhone you currently own.
- You can lock a price for the old iPhone upon receipt and inception. This mean you need to give away your existing iPhone only after receiving the new one at the currently inspected value.
- The trade-in value depends on the condition of your old iPhone and also what are the accessories you want to give such as charger, earphones etc.
- Within 2 business days you will get the credit in form of Amazon.com Gift Card for the value of your old iPhone after it is accepted.
Preparations before handing over your old iPhone
- You need to remove the SIM card from the handset before handing over the old iPhone for trade-in.
- All the content of your choice need to be removed from the device.
- Take backup of all your personal content and restore data setting on the device.
- Help to do this can be found on Apple’s online support pages.
Now, if you are prepared to trade-in your old iPhone for the just unveiled iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, you can do so from the Amazon.com Trade-In Program official link here.
At the time of writing this post:
(click “Trade-In” button on the right)