Jailbreak iOS 4.3 using sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 (Tethered)
How-to Jailbreak iOS 4.3 using sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 (Tethered)
iH8sn0w just released sn0wbreeze version 2.3 beta 1 to jailbreak iOS 4.3. It supports iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and iPad 1.
Important notes about sn0wbreeze 2.3b1:
*THIS IS REALLY ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT IT.*
- This is Tethered via iBooty.
- Mobile Substrate does not currently work.
- Unlockers *ONLY* use Baseband Preservation Mode if you REALLY need to!!!!
- ultrasn0w is currently broken in 4.3.
Follow this guide to jailbreak iOS 4.3 using sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 (Tethered).
- Download these required things:
- Baseband Preservation Mode:
- Simple Mode:
- Expert Mode:
This mode ONLY preserves the iPhone’s baseband. It does not
Jailbreak or Unlock the actual device. All other modes still
do preserve the baseband.
Recommended for people that dont know what to add.
Simple Mode adds Cydia, afc2, SSH for Apple TV, and other
recommended stuff automatically.
Expert Mode lets you have all customizing options at your disposal
Such as custom boot logos, root partition size, installer options
Which to select? Select Simple Mode is recommended if you are not an expert. If you are en expert, you will not need to read this guide anyway 😛
This typically good for people on unofficial carriers that need to activate.
- Select Yes if you need to hacktivate your iPhone. This hacktivation will fix “Connect to iTunes and Emergency call” screen, also fix iTunes if it asking for official sim card for activation purpose (iTunes displaying: The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported message).
- Select No if you want to activate your iPhone using official carrires (micro) SIM card
Don’t worry, if you failed to enter DFU mode, you can re-try from entering DFU mode, not start from the scratch again.
Select your iDevice → click Start → follow the guides how-to enter DFU mode
If you do not like tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3, you can downgrade to 4.2.1 using TinyUmbrella and wait for untethered jailbreak.
Watch this guide on YouTube: