NFL Now said to be launching for Apple TV later this month
If you have’t noticed by now, I am a huge NFL fan, which is why I get excited every time I hear the words NFL and Apple in the same sentence. If you have been following the news lately you might have heard than NFL is launching a new service called NFL Now. According to the official website, it will be headed to numerous devices, however until today the Apple TV hasn’t been one of these, however according to an image taken by an NFL employee it appears as if the app will also be headed to the Device.
Here’s the NFL’s official list of content coming to the NFL Now app:
- Original Content Created for NFL Now: From the NFL Media studios in Los Angeles, NFL Now will create original content — news updates, shows, features, and more — designed specifically for digital platforms.
- Highlights of NFL Action:NFL Now will have extensive highlights of the best plays from NFL games, including a premium instant highlights service during the game window. Subscribers will be able to follow along with the action so they never miss a big play by their favorite team or fantasy players. After games end, relive the highlights from every game.
- Content Produced by NFL Clubs: Each of the NFL clubs is constantly producing content for their team-specific platforms from practice updates to locker room interviews and players features. The NFL Now stream provides a next-generation platform to deliver this team content to fans.
- NFL Films Content: With more than 100 million feet of film in its library and more than 110 Emmy Awards, NFL Films programming, including America’s Game, The Top 100, and the two-time Emmy-nominated series “A Football Life,” will be part of NFL Now.
- NFL.com & NFL Network Content: NFL Now will utilize select NFL.com and NFL Network video content to augment each fan’s NFL Now content stream.
- Live Events, Press Conferences, and Shows: From league and team press conferences, to the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend and the yearly release of the NFL schedule, NFL Now will share important moments from across the NFL calendar.
The service is expected to launch later this month in order for fans to prepare for the 2014-2015 NFL season.
Furthermore the NFL Now app will also launch for the iOS App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
We will let you know when the service is officially launched.