T-Mobile USA releases Software Update for Unlocked iPhone Customers
T-Mobile USA recently released a software update for existing customers running unlocked iPhones on its network. With this new update customers who own an unlocked iPhone 5 will gain a number of features, including Visual Voicemail, access to the Commercial Mobile Alert System, as well as LTE connectivity where available.
The update includes the following:
– Visual Voicemail
– 4G network indicator
– Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS)
– AWS LTE (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
– HD Voice (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
– AWS HSPA+ (T-Mobile and new 2013 AT&T iPhone 5 only)
– MMS Settings
– Personal Hotspot Settings (Smartphone Mobile Hotspot)
– APN settings for LTE connectivity
– My Account bookmark
Now that T-Mobile is set to carry the iPhone as well as fully support unlocked iPhones, T-Mobile will finally be able to compete with other heavyweight carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.
T-Mobile will start selling the iPhone 5 from April 12th, however customers can already pre-order an iPhone if they are interested.