BookBuddy Review – Organize your books like a pro
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 3.01
Date Released: 2011-10-18
Developer: Kimico Apps
Price: 4.99User Rating:
I’m a bibliophile, which is the neat way to say I’m a bookworm. I have tons of books (and my girlfriend has even more!). This means my reading list is huge, currently spans more than 50 books which I have either in a wood shelf or in the virtual shelves of my iPad.
BookBuddy is awesome to keep track of what I need to read, what I’m reading… and if it was the case, whom I have lended a book I had. Currently I keep in it several lists: what I want to read soon (my reading list), a wishlist of books I may buy soon and lists of books by Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler I have, to avoid buying the same book twice (yes, it can happen easily).
You can search books online and as far as I can tell it checks Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Google Books, meaning it finds almost any English book (through Amazon and B&N) and a lot of books in other languages through Google Books. A sample would be looking for La Dama del Llac, the Catalan edition of /The Lady in the Lake/ by Raymond Chandler. I was doubtful… but this app had no problem in finding the book. Which is awesome.
To add features to the list, you can keep a backup of your book lists by linking the app to Dropbox (meaning you can sync several devices among your family!) and share books you love (and read/wish list statuses) through Facebook, Twitter or email. A nice app for bookworms like myself, although it is a little pricy it can be worth the expense (after all, it is just the price of two coffees).
Would I Buy Again:Maybe
Who Is It For:Bookworms with lots of books
What I Like:The ease of use
What I Don't Like:Lack of features
Final Statement:An interesting book classifying app
* Quickly add books to your library by searching Google Books for book’s title, author or ISBN.
* Create your own categories to organize your books.
* Share your favorite books using Facebook, Twitter or email.
* Personalize your own Wish List.
* Keep track of books you've lent to family and friends.
* Never forget who you've borrowed books from.
* Manage your books' status by marking each as 'read', 'unread' or 'reading'.
* Quickly find any book in your library by entering book title or author.
* Easily access any book’s web page directly from the application.
* Star your favorite books to access them instantly.
* Backup your entire collection to the cloud using Dropbox service.
* Easily share your reading status with your Social Networks.