Bugs and Buttons 2 Review – Interactive and fun too
On December 13, 2013
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Little Bit Studio, LLC.
Version #: 1.2
Date Released: 2013-11-01
Developer: Little Bit Studio, LLC.
Price: $2.99User Rating:
I gave this one to my 4 year old nephew to play with and he wouldn’t return my phone to me afterwards. Bugs and Buttons 2 is reminiscent of those interactive picture books that light up and shout stuff at you when you press some buttons.
I honestly have no expectations when it comes to apps for kids’, because all the while I didn’t think it would take much to keep a toddler entertained. However, I was genuinely impressed by the depth and sheer amount of features in Bugs and Buttons 2.
This game helps develop cognitive and motor skills in children with the various mini games that come along with it. These can range from races to counting games and each will require quite a fair bit of time to go through.
I liked the bright colors and patterns used by the game which provided a cheery disposition that would largely be attractive to children.
The game boasts of an adaptive play function, where instead of preset difficulty levels, they are tapered accordingly based on how the app monitors the progress of your child. I felt that this was quite an overrated feature, as I couldn’t see much noticeable difference.
Anyway, there’s not much to gripe about. Bugs and Buttons 2 should be a staple in every young mother’s phone.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:Toddlers
What I Like:The game is cheery and very interactive
What I Don't Like:NA
Final Statement:This should keep the baby entertained
• Editors Choice Award, Children’s Technology Review, ChildrensTech.com
• 5 Stars (out of 5), SmartAppsForKids.com
• 4 Stars (out of 4), USAToday.com
The follow-up that many parents and teachers have been waiting for is finally here!
Bugs and Buttons 2 will take children on an incredible journey through 18 games and activities designed to both entertain and educate. Following the footsteps of the critically acclaimed Bugs and Buttons, this sequel offers a massive variety in gameplay to keep your child engaged while introducing them to critical learning skills at the same time. Offering two modes of play, children can choose to be automatically guided or explore and play at their own pace.
Covers a wide range of critical learning skills such as counting, sorting, pinching, balance, letters and many more. Adaptive gameplay assures that games don’t get too hard too quickly and allows children to learn with less frustration. Multiple-User profiles allow many kids to share one device while maintaining their own scores and awards. Games are designed to be self-learned quickly but include visual instructions as well.
Beautiful and lush high-definition retina graphics provide intriguing environments for your child to explore. Interactive bugs add humor and excitement to lessons as children play and earn up to 54 rewards over 18 different environments.
• 18 games and activities*
• 54 achievements and rewards to earn
• Incredible HD retina graphics
• Beautiful and fun music
• Multiple user profiles
• Automatic play or explore
• Adaptive play provides challenge with less frustration
• Universal app for all of your devices (3gs and higher)
• Visual instructions that display and hide automatically
• Advanced multi-touch interactions
• Fine motor skills (i.e. pinching)
• Music Memory
• Path finding
• Parts of the body
• and many more…
• Search for buttons with a flashlight in the dark.
• Save your picnic food by chasing off sneaky bugs.
• Count the buttons with Button Buddy.
• Take control of a butterfly as he climbs up into the night sky
• Quickly sort a large variety of colorful buttons from the ButtonMaster 3000.
• Find the button that doesn’t belong in the factory carousel.
• Learn some music or enjoy free-play on a small piano.
• Take part in a high-speed race on a mini remote controlled car
• Learn the body parts in a quirky puppet show.
• Help a cricket navigate his way through busy traffic.
• Take control of a friendly bumblebee in a garden of numbers.
• Defend green beetles from falling buttons and acorns.
• and more…
• Included Kids Lock gated area to protect settings just for parents
• NO third party advertising
• NO in-app purchases
• NO collection of any personal information of any kind.
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback -- email us anytime at [email protected] or visit us at www.littlebitstudio.com
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.