Cards – Birthdays, Fathers’ Day, Mothers’ Day. You name it, they’ll do it.
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 1.1.2
Date Released: 2012-05-01
Price: FreeUser Rating:
In a busy, modern world like ours, it is a very sweet and touching gesture to send a greeting card to concerned friends and family. However, in such a fast paced world, physically crafting attractive cards is not quite practical. With Cards by Apple, convenience is offered in the form of this app that allows you to easily design your cards with a few taps and swipes and the company will do the rest for you. This includes physically creating the card and delivering it to your recipient, albeit for a small fee.
Cards is extremely user friendly and easy to use. It did not take me long to create a nice looking card that I could send to my friends overseas. Simply upload a picture from your device on to the app, choose from preselected themes, then include a message and you are done. After which, input the details of the addressee and the app will post it out for you via mail. Simple as that.
One downside to Cards would be that it only bills through credit cards with no option to allow the usage of iTunes gift cards to pay for you creation. Hopefully, this is something that is set to change with future updates.
While not quite free, Cards is a free app to download. I strongly recommend the usage of this app. Cards can be printed and delivered for US$2.99 each, or US$4.99 if the delivery is to countries outside the United States. For such a low price, I must say that the cards made look extremely professional and are very well worth the purchase.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:People who want to keep in touch with their friends and family
What I Like:The ease of crafting beautiful cards
What I Don't Like:N.A
Final Statement:This app actually physically delivers to your doorstep!
Custom letterpress cards
• Cards combine a centuries-old letterpress technique with your digital text and photos
• Each card is crafted from 100 percent cotton paper and imprinted with an elegant debossed design
• Choose from dozens of designs for eight occasions: Mother’s Day, Thank You, Get Well, Baby, Birthday, Love, Travel and Holiday
• Customize the placeholder text for any occasion, such as an anniversary or graduation
• Add a photo to your card or send one with just text
• If you select one of the Travel designs, your card automatically displays the name of your current location
• Choose a photo with GPS data, and the card shows the name of the place where the photo was taken
Prepaid postage included
• U.S. customers can send a card within the U.S. for $2.99 including postage
• Send a card anywhere else in the world for $4.99 including postage
• Select an address from your Contacts and easily personalize it — from Mr. Johnny Appleseed to The Appleseed Family, for example
• To place your order, simply enter your Apple ID password
• In the U.S., your card will include our own Apple-designed postage
• Cards mailed to U.S. addresses make use of the United States Postal Service Intelligent Mail® barcode
• On the day your card is to be delivered, you’ll receive a notification on your iPhone or iPod touch
• All your cards are automatically saved and can be viewed in a history list
• You can resend any card to another recipient — perfect for when you have a lot of friends to thank or you want to spread the word about the newest member of your family
Total order price includes postage. For orders with a U.S. billing address, sales tax will be added to the order price. For orders with a non-U.S. billing address, the order price will include applicable VAT.
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.