Combo Crew Review – One of the best stress relievers
App Type: Uncategorized
By: The Game Bakers
Version #: 1.3.1
Date Released: 2013-11-11
Developer: The Game Bakers
Price: 1.99User Rating:
Everyone loves beat em’ ups. What can be better than walking around aimlessly in an arena, beating up dozens of hapless and somewhat dumb enemies with an absolute disregard for the amount of destruction caused? Combo Crew does just that.
An insignificant and cliche storyline with zilch originality aside, Combo Crew has plenty to offer. The game has users scale up a tower with each level representative of levels, taking out goons with simplistic controls. As levels pass by, players also get to exchange blows with bosses which are significantly harder but also significantly more enjoyable to beat up.
As far as the controls go, Combo Crew makes it extremely easy. Simple swipe and tap at the screen to unleash a myriad of flashy combos; hence the title of the game. The funky animations will leave players dazzled.
One aspect of the game that really piqued my interest would be how the game incorporated fight characters from classical games. These include characters from the Street Fighter and Viewtiful Joe series of games, amidst others. It provides a soothingly familiar sense of nostalgia when playing this game and does help ease into the new environment somewhat. Add in upgradeable characters and Combo Crew is a formula for my new addiction.
All in all Combo Crew is an amazing game that I really enjoyed. Priced at $1.99, I found it quite reasonable and definitely worth the purchase.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Learning Curve:Moderate. Just tap and swipe but coordination takes time to master.
Who Is It For:Anyone who needs a stress reliever
What I Like:Who doesn't like aimlessly bashing up goons?
What I Don't Like:There's not much to look forward to in the game
Touch controls are smooth, responsive, and easy to learn: one-finger swipe to punch / kick, tap to counter, and two-finger swipes for special combos. When your super combo gauge fills up, all hell breaks loose—beat down the bad guys with hectic in-your-face combo streaks!
Play this action-packed brawler alone or call in your whole crew! You can rescue online friends from KO (or have them rescue you) and compete for high scores on global leaderboards. Quick melee brawls in arena-style levels make Combo Crew perfect for intense bursts of gaming on the go. But with hundreds of missions, unlockables, and an endless mode, you’ll keep coming back for more.
To add to the fun, legendary video game characters have joined the crew and are ready for the fight: Ryu, Chun Li, Ken and Blanka from Street Fighter 2, Joe from Viewtiful Joe and Lester Knight from Out of this World (a.k.a Another world). A whole range of fighting styles and unique combos!
• Fight with your fingers: slash enemies to trigger crazy combos, tap to guard. A modern beat ’em up with no virtual D-pad!
• The first mobile brawler with asynchronous multiplayer across devices. Rescue your friends, or be rescued by them!
• A true arcade experience with a great combo system and super moves.
• Several heroes with unique combat styles and more than 80 moves to master.
• To add to the fun, legendary video game characters have joined the crew and are ready for the fight: Ryu, Chun Li, Ken and Blanka from Street Fighter™ 2, Joe from Viewtiful Joe™ and Lester from Another world.
• Hundreds of missions - complete them solo or compete for high scores against online friends.
• An endless scoring mode, unlockables, and collectibles - a ton of replay value.
• Log in to sync automatically between your devices.
• Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian.
Best experience on iPad 2 and above or iPhone 4S and above.
VIEWTIFUL JOE™ © CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2003, 2004 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
STREET FIGHTER™ © CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.