Despicable Me: Minion Rush Review – Gameloft has yet to disappoint me
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 1.0.0
Date Released: 2013-06-13
Price: FreeUser Rating:
I love minions. I think they’re really cute and they were probably the only reason why I liked the 2 Despicable Me movies anyway. They always come up with these really lame movies with otherwise cheesy story lines that make me cringe but more than make up for it with a cute mascot.
And with every successful film series you will have a game adaptation.
Introducing Despicable Me: Minion Rush.
In true Gameloft fashion, the game is simple and to the point. No obsessing over minute details but straight, pure action.
The game plays similar to Temple Run, running along paths dodging objects and collecting bonuses. But instead of using purely the accelerometer, the game has players swipe left or right for the most part. In mini bonus stage, accelerometer tilting comes into play for a little more variety.
There are even boss stages which really surprises me since this is a free runner game.
I would suppose the game plays on the cuteness factor of minions that made the whole franchise such a success. That said, there were really adorable sound effects that left me spazzing throughout.
A free app, I don’t see why this should not be added to your arsenal of games.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Learning Curve:Very easy. Just swipe left or right
Who Is It For:Minion lovers
What I Like:The mini games and bonuses
What I Don't Like:NA
Final Statement:Gameloft has yet to disappoint me
ALL THE HEART AND HUMOR OF DESPICABLE ME
• Enjoy unpredictably hilarious Minion moments
• Perform despicable acts through hundreds of missions
• Run through iconic locations, which are full of surprises, secrets and tricky obstacles: Gru’s Lab and Gru’s Residential Area
• Customize your Minion with unique costumes, weapons, and power-ups
• Battle Vector and an all-new villain exclusively created for the game
AN INNOVATIVE AND ORIGINAL GAME
• Encounter secret areas, unique boss fights and amazing power-ups
• Experience custom animation and voice overs, and state-of-the-art 3D graphics
• Enjoy multiple dynamic camera angles
• Engage in various bonus gameplays:
? Destroy things as Mega Minion
? Collect bananas riding the Fluffy Unicorn
? Hang on to Gru’s Rocket for the ride of your life
• Have fun with your friends! See their best scores during your run, send them funny Minion taunts and challenges to show them who’s going to win Minion of the Year!
Visit our official site at https://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at https://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on https://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at https://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.