Instapaper Review – Instantly easier to read your papers
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Instapaper, LLC
Version #: 5.1.2
Date Released: 2013-12-02
Developer: Instapaper, LLC
Price: $3.99User Rating:
The in-built Safari app on iOS devices has a reading list function allowing users to pin up webpages for later reading. What this does is also sieve out distractions such as advertorials making it easier to read the often lengthy articles. Unfortunately, the in-house reader bare cuts it.
Instapaper is an extremely convenient way to get your articles sorted out. Many a time throughout the day as we surf the net at work or in class, we chance upon lengthy articles that we do not have the privileged of time to enjoy. But while bookmarking the site simply saves the article down for later reference, Instapaper makes it easier to read.
Instapaper takes off irrelevant details in articles without compromising on readability. Also, it has a wide array of customization functions ranging from the ability to change up font sizes to brightness settings which all help in creating a wonderful reading experience.
I loved the clean and well-organized look portrayed by the user interface which was just amazing to scroll through.
Instapaper is a handy app that everyone who reads online often should download.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:Readers
What I Like:The user interface is clean and easy to navigate
What I Don't Like:Additional customization options require a paid subscription
Final Statement:A handy tool to keep in your phone
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized Text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience.
Instapaper Core Features:
- Save most web pages as text only, stripping away the full-sized layout to optimize for the iPhone and iPad screens.
- Store up to 500 articles on your iPhone or iPad, and store unlimited articles on the Instapaper website.
- Read offline, even on airplanes, subways, on elevators, or on Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Send to Instapaper from 150 other iPhone and iPad apps.
- Adjustable fonts, text sizes, line spacing, and margins
- Dark mode and brightness control for night reading
- Automatic Dark and Sepia Mode switching for sunset times in your location
- Sort your list of unread items by popularity, date, article length, and shuffle
- Filter your list of unread items by reading time
- Folders for organization
- Dictionary and Wikipedia lookups
- Tilt scrolling, page-flipping
- Share via email, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Pinboard, Evernote, or other supported apps
- Rotation lock
- Preview links in the built-in browser without leaving the app
- Search, via in-app purchase
- Featured by Apple many times in the App Store, including both the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame
- Macworld Editor's Choice Award
- Featured in Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, TechCrunch, PCMag, TUAW, The Next Web, and many other magazines, newspapers, and websites
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.