Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool 4.3
How-to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool 4.3 (Untethered).
Follow this guide as exactly shown and use it at your own risk.
These are instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool for Mac.
PwnageTool for Windows is never exist, but you can use redsn0w for Windows instead.
Download these required things:
- Download official IPSW iOS 4.3.1 (Firmware version 4.3.1) for your device
- Download PwnageTool_4.3.dmg
- Create a folder called “Pwnage” on desktop to make the entire process easier. Put iOS 4.3.1 IPSW and PwnageTool_4.3.dmg in Pwnage folder.
- Double click to mount PwnageTool then drag the PwnageTool icon into the Pwnage folder.
- Click Expert Mode from the top menu bar
- Choose your device type by clicking on the image of the device. Click the blue arrow button to continue.
- “Browse for IPSW”. Click the Browse for IPSW… button.
- Click General then click the blue arrow button.
There are several options:
Activate the phone: Check this option if you do not have official sim card from official carrier and you are stuck on activation screen (In simple words: this option will hacktivate your iPhone.
Enable baseband update: DO NOT check this option if you need an unlock.
The rest options are re-enable “Multitasking”, “Homescreen wallpaper”, “Battery percentage indicator”.
- The Cydia settings menu allows you to create custom packages so you do not have to manually install the necessary them later.
If you do not know what to install, click the blue arrow button to continue.
- Now, PwnageTool ready to start building ipsw process. Click the Build button then click the Blue arrow button to begin.
- You will be asked where to save your custom .ipsw firmware file. Save it to Pwnage folder on Desktop.
- You may be asked to enter your administrator password. Enter your password then click the OK button.
- Once PwnageTool finished building IPSW firmware file, you will be asked to connect your iPhone to the computer. Connect the device to computer, then PwnageTool will guide you how-to put iPhone into DFU mode.
- Open iTunes, hold the Alt/Option key and click Restore.
- Browse the Pwnage folder on Desktop. Select the custom IPSW that was just created by PwnageTool and click the Choose button.
- iTunes will start installing the custom firmware to the iPhone. This process may takes up to 10 minutes. Once done your device will reboot and your iPhone is now fully jailbroken using PwnageTool