Junk Jack Review – A true classic
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Pixbits SRL
Version #: 1.2.4
Date Released: 2011-11-07
Developer: Pixbits SRL
Price: 2.99User Rating:
Do you play Minecraft? Or are you a fan of free-world games? Junk Jack is for you. But what is Junk Jack?
Well, Junk Jack is an 8-bit styled side-scrolling game. In it you play the role of Jack, a guy in this 2D world. And your goal is… No goal! You just wander around, destroying the blocks that conform the world. These blocks are formed of different things: rock, wood, gems. You can find enemies, chests, boxes. And coal. After a while you’ll find random papers, explaining how you can build tools.
And this is where the game gets complex: you can build stairs… Or pick-axes. Or swords. Or forges… The list is not endless, but is damn long… And the world to explore is huge. You can visit the depths of the Earth, exploring the Egyptian or jungle areas, or you can build a tower high in the sky. Sky (or hell) is the limit. Go and explore.
The game is actively developed, with frequent updates (roughly every two months) and a constant streams of new things to dig/find/kill/craft. Worth its price a thousand times.
The app is universal, so it works as well in your pocket as in your bag.
In short: Junk Jack is an iOS modern classic. You definitely have to purchase it.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:Minecraft lovers on the go
What I Like:It's very fun
What I Don't Like:It's very easy to waste a lot of time on this game :)
Final Statement:A true "modern classic" in iOS gaming
What the press says:
"A Wonderful Free-Roam Game with an Irresistible Pixel Aesthetic"
"It has charm in spades. While it isn't the first 2D sandbox building game out there, it is a particularly attractive one, sporting crisp pixel art and gorgeous lighting effects. "
"Junk Jack is a hands-down, no questions asked must-own for any and all iOS users who love sandbox crafting games."
"Junk Jack isn't Minecraft, nor does it feel like it needs to be as its 2D world provides the same level of novel exploration fun while presenting challenges of its own to overcome; a tightly balanced free form experience that's only going to get better with time."
Join our forum (https://forum.pixbits.com) and help us to improve our game, and share your creations!
* retro style pixel art!
* beautiful sound tracks from Bright Primate
* intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything!
* dynamic day/night cycle
* never get lost with customizable signs
* advanced farming system with more than 30 different plant types
* 135+ recipes for cookable foods!
* tint cloth blocks with 15 color dyes
* underground biomes with unique graphic style and monsters.
* placeable and throwable explosives that can destroy buildings, landscapes and monsters!
* critters and enemies to fight (more than 60 different mobs!)
* a fully featured lighting system together with many different sources of light and global lighting
* 3 slots for infinite worlds that you can generate and explore, every world is different from any other!
* procedural generation which creates beautiful worlds with plants, caves, different biomes all around the world
* a double layered world which allows to customize background and foreground of your creations
* many ores and shiny gems to help your adventure
* many hidden containers full of treasures
* more than 1000 treasures!
* more than 600 crafts!
* more than 380 block types
* many elements to decorate your houses (like sofas, tables, wardrobes, paintings, statues and many others)
* an in-game discoverable book to teach you how to play and the recipes available
* shelfs to place items around just to make your buildings shine
* minimap (with a really zoomed out feature to allow you to share your creations)
* runs fine on older gen hardware
We would like to thank Notch! He developed our bigger indie brother Minecraft, without which this game would not exist.
If you need help, please contact us!