NodeBeat for Android – Review
App Type: Android
Version #: 1.3.8
Price: 1.98User Rating:
Do you like making music? Do you like making only a specific genre of music that’s high in pitch and unlike anything you’d ever actually listen to? Well, then check out NodeBeat from AffinityBlue.
The first thing you’ll notice about NodeBeat is how great it looks. It looks like a puzzle, and it is, sort of. The game is like a musical puzzle that you create. You drag sounds from the left onto the right side of the screen to create patterns of music. It’s very simple to use to create unique music.
The worst thing about NodeBeat is its limited number of sounds; there aren’t a lot to choose from. Its lack of options, such as LFO, Reverb or Noise, are also hindering its appeal. A metronome would also be nice. A start and stop button is none existent, which is unfortunate because you can only stop the music by clearing the screen/closing the app. It’d also be great if users could load their own sounds onto the left side.
The Ugly Truth
NodeBeat provides a minimal and limited amount of fun. The app looks fantastic, but the limitations on sound variety and lack of options make it a quick play and uninstall, rather than providing any potential for longevity. The app is loaded with potential, but there’s no necessity to download it right away at this point.
Would I Buy Again:No.
Who Is It For:Mobile music makers.
What I Like:Looks great.
What I Don't Like:Lack of sounds and options.
Final Statement:NodeBeat has a lot of potential in the future, but is not worth the $1.98 in its current state.
? Audio Features ?
- 20 Musical Scales
- All 12 Musical Keys Signatures
- 7 Octave Range
- Background Keyboard/Piano
- Audio Waveform Adjustment (Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square)
- Creative Sound Sculpting (Echo, Attack, Decay, Release)
? Rhythm Features ?
- Adjustable Tempo
? Sharing/Exporting Features ?
- Record and share audio file to Dropbox, email, SoundCloud and more
- Save/Load Creations
? General Features ?
- Adjustable Node Physics (gravity, speed, proximity)
- Drum and Octave Generators
- Start/Stop Nodes by double tapping
- Sleep Timer for falling asleep to NodeBeat
Created by Seth Sandler and Justin Windle. Ported to Android by Laurence Muller.
NodeBeat is available on Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Playbook.
? Notes ?
? ? ? ? ? ? Have a problem? Please contact us so we may help: feedback[at]nodebeat.com. We can only fix problems we know about. ? ? ?
- On some devices running Android 2.2 or lower, the internal memory usage will be significantly more due to a bug fixed in Android 2.3 and above. We recommend updating to Android 2.3+ if possible to fix this issue.
Article By Bobby
bobby has written 41 awesome app reviews.