PicPlayPost Review – One of the niftiest framers I really like
On January 22, 2014
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Flambe Studios LLC
Version #: 4.0.5
Date Released: 2013-11-21
Developer: Flambe Studios LLC
Price: 1.99User Rating:
Photo frame apps are a dime a dozen. We all have those moments on Instagram where we have not one, not two, but maybe five or more photos we want to share. At the same time, social etiquette calls for not spamming the timelines of our followers with photos they couldn’t otherwise be bothered with. So this is where arbitrary photo framers come in. However, with so many in the app store, how do you know which to choose?
For a long time I was stuck with one of those typical framers that are a plenty on the app store. However, I soon got hold of PicPlayPost which honestly changed the game for me. While most framers will set grid limits to maybe 4 or even 5 photos and have a larger amount available for in-app purchases, PicPlayPost provides up to 6 slots in its grids which is more than enough without sacrificing picture visibility.
I also like how the grids are all thoughtfully arranged so as to make sure every picture can be clearly seen even when cropped. We can also see the attention to details paid by the developers through nifty little features such as having the currently used frame colored when returning to the app after exit.
But the largest drawing factor of PicPlayPost lies in how it allows for manipulation of videos. Instagram recently launched a video function that allowed for users to upload animated snippets of their lives albeit limited to 15 seconds. However, with PicPlayPost users can frame up videos as they would with photos, allowing for multiple cropped videos to be uploaded within the same frame. They can also be framed together with photos so that some slots in the grid show photos while others show moving videos. The degree of customization is so great that it even allows for multiple videos to be played simultaneously, or in decided sequential order.
So for $1.99 PicPlayPost is definitely worth the money. One of the best framers I’ve ever used and I’ll definitely continue to use it in the long run.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:Instagram Users
What I Like:App is easy to use and has lots of features
What I Don't Like:NA
Final Statement:This has gone beyond just an app to review to something I use and will continue to use on a personal basis
Downloaded and used by millions including Starbucks, ABCFamily, UFC, A-list celebrities, teachers, bloggers (fashion, fitness, food) and Instagrammers ALL around the world.
PicPlayPost™ is the first all in one Video and Photo editing tool that delivers you a full suite of customization options to build unbelievable video collages for Instagram and other social networks. But it just got better with iOS 7 because we added new features based on feedback from our incredible fans.
? New Features Include (must be running iOS 7):
- Add up to 6 videos per project. Share even more content with your friends.
- Video limit increased to 10 mins. Great feature for the Youtube community.
- Add music to a static image(s). You can send awesome digital birthday or greeting cards.
- Import GIFs.
- Trim the segment of the video or song you want to import
- Improved user interface. Easily navigate through the customization tools.
- FAQ section. Many issues you encounter can easily be resolved by reviewing the FAQ.
- Share your project on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Tumblr, Twitter, Email and MMS
- Also includes all the standard features below.
? Standard Features (if running iOS 6.1 or below):
- Add up to 4 videos per project.
- Video limit is 30 sec per video.
- Select from
? 6 different ratio sizes
? 36 awesome adjustable frames
? 72 stunning background patterns
? 8 Image filters
? 7 video filters
- Add music to your video collage from your iPod library.
- Placement & adjustment designed and optimized for small screen.
- Supports both portrait and landscape orientation.
- Adjust placement with easy drag and drop.
- Support free (any angle) rotation of image or vide inside each frame.
- Change border width and add rounded edges.
- High resolution image outputs
? 3264x3264 (iPhone 5, 4S & iPad 3)
? 2592x2592 (iPhone 4 & iPad 2)
? 2048x2048 (iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch)
- Video Resolutions
? Full 30 fps
? 1280x1280 (1:1), 768x1152 (2:3), 960x1280 (3:4), 1280x720 (16:9). iPhone 5, 4S, iPad 2 and iPad 3
? 960x960 (1:1), 640x960 (2:3), 720x960 (3:4), 1280x720 (16:9). iPhone 4
? 512x512 (1:1), 420x630 (2:3), 480x640 (3:4), 640x360 (16:9). iPhone 3GS and iPad 1
- Share your artwork via Facebook, Twitter, Email, Instagram, Youtube, and MMS
- Runs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.