Pocket Planes Review – Another free game by the creators of Tiny Tower
App Type: Uncategorized
By: NimbleBit LLC
Version #: 1.1.2
Date Released: 2013-01-21
Developer: NimbleBit LLC
Price: 0User Rating:
Pocket Planes is the new casual game by Nimblebit, creators of last years’ free blockbuster Tiny Tower. Even more addictive than Tiny Tower, Pocket Planes will keep you very entertained (and hooked.)
Pocket Planes follows the same revenue model as Tiny Tower did: it plays on your impatience to get you to buy in-game money using your hard-earned real life money. What’s the game about? An airline, your airline. You buy airports, new planes and level up to get more available airports and planes. Airports are bought with coins, and planes with bux. You can get coins from bux (in the game bank), but not the other way around… You can buy bux with real money, as in-app purchase. Your primary source of coins will be moving cargo and passengers from airport to airport.
But Nimblebit developers always allow their players to be able to play without spending a dime, you can get bux occasionally as payment for transport. Also, while planes fly coins will fly by (you can tap them to get them) and some other bux will appear sometimes. Finally, you get bux by levelling up and by joining an existing fly crew and participating in an ongoing challenge. Find a big one for a better chance!
In short: Pocket Planes is addictive and easy to play. An enjoyable time waster.
Would I Buy Again:No
Who Is It For:Social game addicts
What I Like:It's original in appearance
What I Don't Like:It's the same old stuff in the end
Final Statement:Pick it only if you really love Tiny Tower
- Manage and grow your fleet of planes as they fly interesting people and cargo to over 250 cities around the map.
- Unlock everything from tiny prop planes to jumbo jets and small town airports to mega cities.
- Customize your planes with your own paint jobs and pilot uniforms.
- Trade plane parts among your friends, and compete in worldwide group events.
- See how you stack up against your friends with tons of stats and leader boards.