Polymer for iPhone and iPad Review – An interesting puzzler
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Whitaker Blackall
Version #: 1.1
Date Released: 2012-05-16
Price: 1.99User Rating:
Polymer is a cool-looking puzzler for iPhone and iPad Designed to be a no-fuss, casual game. Just pick, play for a while and leave it down. And it delivers: Polymer is one of the simplest, cleanest games in my iDevices.
What is the goal of Polymer? You play in an array of 7×9 pieces you can roll right or left, and your goal is to create the longest closed chain, by pairing the dots. It’s easy! As you pass point milestones, you start unlocking new pieces, game modes and colour schemes. You can also pay for them, but what’s the point? Playing is more fun.
Polymer is simple and engaging. And the unlock mechanism seems carefully adjusted for enjoying the game more than for getting our hard-earned money.
Also, for all non-competitive people, there’s a free mode without points, unlocks or anything. Just for relaxing with the shapes.
In short: Polymer is a very smooth and good looking puzzle game for iOS devices. We’re sure you’ll love it
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:Puzzle fans
What I Like:It's a neat concept
What I Don't Like:More free color schemes would be nice
Final Statement:A very good and soothing puzzler
• Endless Game Mode: no points, unlocks, times, or other restrictions. A relaxing mode with absolutely no pressure.
• A new icon!
• Fixed some of the crashing issues on older devices
• Fixed problem where corrupted data (possibly caused by resetting device while app was saving) would render app unopenable. Unfortunately if your data is corrupted it will be deleted but at least the app will open.
• Fixed bug where when you bought the "Launch Pack," you had to go into the settings menu to turn on the new pieces (now they automatically turn on)
Things I plan to add/fix in future FREE updates:
• Universal update!
• Look into iPod music stopping issue
• iCloud support
• Other requests you have sent to me