Riptide GP2 Review – Splash!
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Vector Unit
Version #: 1.0.1
Date Released: 2013-07-25
Developer: Riptide GP2 Support
Price: $2.99User Rating:
Thinking about ‘water-racing’ on iOS, the first name that comes to mind is Riptide GP by Vector Unit. Or perhaps it is the only game of that sort! This game has been popular thanks to both its gameplay and stunning graphics. We remember it being used to demo Nvidia chips’ GPU for Android. Though a little late, the sequel to this wonderful game, Riptide GP2 has finally hit the AppStore.
To begin with, very little has changed from the original.
Jet skiing over the cold waters and reaching first at the finishing line is just a small part of this great game. Jumping over the slopes, doing stunts in the air, changing tracks etc makes Riptide GP2 real fun. Use the accelerometer controls to dash through the water track, overtake others, drift through the turns and break records. Fly over slopes and pull stunts to heap points and gain nitro. Based on your performance you’re awarded stars and xps which unlocks levels and new stunts.
As already mentioned, the spectacular visuals is undoubtedly a major highlight. Beautiful stadiums, varying hydro jets and the nitro’s blurring effects are spectacular. The racing pool and device dependent splash effects are hyper realistic. The controls on the other hand, are really simple with tricky stunt combos.
Overall, the unique gameplay along with great visuals makes Riptide GP2 worth the price.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Who Is It For:Racing fans
What I Like:The stunning visuals
What I Don't Like:None I could pick up
Final Statement:The Jet ski racing
Riptide GP2 kicks everything into overdrive, with intense online multi-player races, upgradeable hydro jets and riders, improved graphics, an all-new career mode, and a whole new stunt system with dozens of new tricks!
Featuring rocket-powered hydro jets racing around futuristic tracks across a dynamic and interactive water surface, Riptide GP2 delivers a fast, fun, and visually stunning racing experience.
From Vector Unit, developers of acclaimed racing games Riptide GP, Beach Buggy Blitz, Shine Runner, and Hydro Thunder Hurricane!
• • GAME FEATURES • •
• ONLINE MULTI-PLAYER
• Show off your skills and your custom-tuned hydro jet in 4-way online battles with friends and players around the world!
• ALL NEW CAREER MODE
• Play through Race, Hot Lap, Elimination, and Freestyle events to earn XP and cash that can be used to upgrade your hydro jet, unlock new stunts, and increase your rider's performance.
• ALL NEW WATERCRAFT
• Collect 9 powerful new hydro jets, and upgrade their performance and colors to gain an edge on your competition.
• ALL NEW STUNT SYSTEM
• Unlock and master 25 outrageous new stunts. Wow the crowd, charge your boost and make your competition eat wake.
• GAME THE WAY YOU WANT
• Seamlessly supports multiple control configurations for tilt and touch-screen play. (Controller support coming soon!)
• GAME CENTER & iCLOUD ENABLED
• Race online, earn achievements and keep your game synced to the cloud with Game Center and iCloud integration.
• CUTTING EDGE TECH
• Powered by the all-new Vector Engine 4, Riptide GP2 builds on the original game’s stunning visuals, with optimizations for Retina displays and extra-crisp graphics on the latest Apple hardware!
• • CUSTOMER SUPPORT • •
If you encounter a problem running the game, please email the device you're using, iOS version, and a detailed description of your problem to [email protected].
We guarantee if we can't fix your problem we'll give you a refund. But we can't help you if you just leave your problem in a review.
For support on most common issues please visit:
• • MORE INFORMATION • •
Be the first to hear about updates, download custom images, and interact with the developers!
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VectorUnit
Follow us on Google+ at www.vectorunit.com/+
Follow us on Twitter @vectorunit.
Visit our web page at www.vectorunit.com
We welcome comments and suggestions for future improvements. If you have a suggestion, or just want to say hi, email us at [email protected].
Article By Roshan
From the first iPod Touch till the new iPad Mini, Roshan has loved each of his iDevices and has been busy tweaking and getting the most out of them. As a Med student from India, he splits his time between studying corpse and writing about his iOS passion. When not on the web, you could find him glued to TV Shows, movies or the bed! Recently, he has taken upon the role of an appreneur and is currently working on a revolutionary new app, Cyan for Facebook.
roshan has written 204 awesome app reviews.