The Amazing Spider-Man Review – What A Web It Spins
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 1.0.0
Date Released: 2012-06-27
Price: 6.99User Rating:
I’ve often said that eventually the iPhone and iPad will have enough processing power to replace the Xbox, PS3 or any other gaming system out there. It’s getting even closer with The Amazing Spider-Man game from Gameloft, which has utterly phenomenal graphics, particularly in retina display.
The designs are based on the movie for which this game is associated. You swing around New York City, looking for the (spoiler alert) Lizard and stopping crime in general. The game gives you various missions to accomplish while swinging around to keep things interesting. Usually the missions involve Spider-Man swinging to some location and beating up some bad guys.
Truthfully, this app is a lot like the Ultimate Spider-Man game for iOS released a few years back, but with newer and slicker graphics and also a map function that shows you where in Manhattan you are located. The game also has an options screen that lets you controls volumes, reset the game, or even control where the game buttons appear.
As with many games, you earn points in this one as you accomplish missions which can be traded in for power enhancements or items. You can also buy points for trade-in purposes with real-world money, but where’s the fun in that?
The cost is a little high for an iOS game, but give it time and that will eventually decrease once the hype dies down. If you must have it now, prepare to shell out seven bucks (as opposed to fifty or more for the console versions). The app is universal, so at least you only have to buy it once for both iPhone and iPad.
Would I Buy Again:Yes.
Learning Curve:Low to medium.
Who Is It For:Gamers and Spider-Fans
What I Like:AMAZING graphics and game play.
What I Don't Like:Cost, but wait and that will go down.
Final Statement:It's Amazing! It's Spectacular! It's the new Spider-Man game for iOS!
Get ready for intense web-slinging action with the Amazing Spider-Man! Join Spidey in the official game app of this highly anticipated 2012 blockbuster! Play through the movie storyline as Spider-Man faces off against the Lizard and rampaging gangs. Web-sling and crawl your way through an open, fully 3D New York while using your amazing skills to save the city.
THE OFFICIAL GAME OF 2012’s HIGHLY AWAITED SUPERHERO BLOCKBUSTER
• Fight the Lizard and his minions to put a stop to his dark schemes.
• Play the Amazing Spider-Man through more than 25 immersive missions inspired by the upcoming movie's storyline.
• Climb, jump and web-sling from building to building for an aerial thrill like never before!
FREE NEW YORK CITY
• Explore the city through its five distinctive districts (Central Park, Business, Downtown, Pier and Residential)
• An exciting and enjoyable fighting system with melee, ranged, combo attacks and much more
• A wide selection of upgrades to customize your style, attacks and skills
A HIGH PRODUCTION-VALUE GAME
• Explore an open-world Manhattan, teeming with action. Discover random missions, collectibles and more secrets in the City that Never Sleeps!
• Fight in a fully 3D New York City with cutting-edge graphics.
• Advanced shaders and visual effects make Spider-Man more realistic than ever before!
** Confirm that your device is compatible. The Amazing Spider-Man is only compatible with 4th generation iPod touch devices (16/32/64GB) along with iPhone 4, iPad 2, and the New iPad. Before downloading, please check the back of your device to make sure that it meets the system requirements**
Visit our official site at https://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at https://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on https://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at https://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
Article By BradT
bradt has written 504 awesome app reviews.