The Simpsons: Tapped Out for Android – Review
App Type: Android
By: Electronic Arts
Version #: 4.2.4
Developer: Electronic Arts
Price: freeUser Rating:
The Simpsons has been one of the rare TV shows that actually has had a good gaming career, starting with the original arcade game in 1991, and having a its last console game in late 2007. Now, EA (whom has made many games for The Simpsons) has released Tapped Out, a game that is slowly but surely sweeping mobile gamers off of their feet.
Tapped Out is an incredibly fun and addicting game to play, in the style of other city builders, but the game takes itself less seriously. The story fits perfectly in The Simpsons’ world, and provides for some comedic moments. Your mission is to find all of the missing characters from The Simpsons, and all of your favorites make an appearance. You can add friends via Origin, and earn in-game currency from their cities. The game sounds great, looks great, and plays great.
The game is a little too easy, and that is just about the only negative thing that I can say about it. I’d like to see more content added in the future, with more buildings and quests.
The Ugly Truth
The Simpsons: Tapped Out is the most fun you’ll have playing mobile games, even if you don’t follow the series. I found myself playing it for over an hour before I looked up from my phone and realized it. The social aspect of the game is welcomed and executed well. Best of all is that the game is free.
Would I Buy Again:N/A
Who Is It For:Fans of The Simpsons that love previous Simpsons games.
What I Like:Funny story, great gameplay.
What I Don't Like:Too easy, not much of a challenge.
Final Statement:The Simpsons: Tapped Out is an incredible feat from EA, and I recommend downloading this game, especially if you watch the Simpsons.
HOW FUN IS IT? LET US COUNT THE WAYS!
1. First, you can get it for free!
2. Make Springfield just like you want it.
3. Help Homer find Marge, Bart, Lisa, and the rest of his family and friends! (Ned Flanders, too.)
4. Complete tasks to earn… mmm, donuts!
5. Make Apu work ridiculously long shifts at Kwik-E-Mart.
6. Grow and harvest Tomacco on Cletus’s Farm.
7. Party down with Duffman at Duff Brewery.
8. See how your Indolence, Consumerism,and Gluttony stack up on the Conform-o-meter.
9. Enjoy exclusive animated scenes sure to please fans of TV’s longest-running comedy.
10. Visit your friends’ Springfields, play pranks, and collect cash.
11. And did we mention… it’s free to play?
SPRINGFIELD NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD
With HD graphics – you’ll get an eyeful of greener greens, yellower yellows, and more.
IS THAT ALL? Of course not! Did you know that you can even play this game in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Korean?
But who wants to read all this text on a screen? So you should CHECK OUT THE SCREENSHOTS because the screenshots really sell it… even though we really don’t have to sell this game… because it’s FREE!
**This game downloads additional content on first launch that can be up to 175MB based on device. We recommend connecting to WIFI the first time you play. This game is also supported with regularly occurring content updates that require additional downloads when released. Please be patient while it loads (we promise it’s worth the wait).**
– You must have an Internet connection to play, so please make sure your device is connected.
Article By Bobby
bobby has written 41 awesome app reviews.