vjay for iPhone – Review – Like djay but with videos
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 1.0
Date Released: 2012-11-15
Price: $.99User Rating:
From Algoriddim, the creators of djay for iPhone and iPad and vjay for iPad, there is finally a vjay for iPhone. Apparently there’s a thing where you can play music videos in the background of a party rather than just music. And this is what vjay is for.
The app comes with a set of pre-installed video clips and songs. Naturally, you can stick in your own videos and music and even record your own custom videos to stick in the video library. This is in case you want to show a video at a party of yourself rocking out to the latest Justin Bieber tune. Other than the provided library for the app, you can use any video or song in your own local library on the iPhone to do customized videos.
The app is definitely high quality as one would expect from a Algoriddim app. The app comes with a variety of crossfades and other effects to get creative. You can queue up the next video while the current one is playing. You can also do effects like jumping back to a point in the video and replaying as well as the video equivalent of scratching a record. A nice-to-have would be a queue of more than one video, but that’s just me.
Admittedly, the interface is confusing and could use a good set of instructions. It’s particularly difficult in the landscape mode where I wasn’t certain how to get to much of the functionality. An introductory video would also help. However, once one practices with it a bit, it becomes more familiar.
vjay for iPhone is currently 99 cents but that’s only for a limited time.
Would I Buy Again:Possibly, depending on the situation.
Who Is It For:Music vjays who want to carry their work around.
What I Like:Fun app to play around with. Quality work.
What I Don't Like:Difficult to learn.
Final Statement:If you are going to a party, you might want some vjay in your pocket.
Introducing vjay for iPhone - the mashup machine for your music and videos.
? Includes over 15 exclusive, free bonus video clips by electro-pop superstars Far East Movement, Eclectic Method, Parov Stelar, J-Live, and more.
vjay transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a cutting-edge mashup machine, directly integrated with the media libraries on your iPhone or iPod touch. Mix and scratch your favorite music videos from iTunes or combine songs from your music library with personal video footage into an interactive audio visual experience. You can even use the built-in camera on your device to add your very own clips to the mix with added special effects. The first of its kind on the iPhone or iPod touch, vjay lets you create fun video mashups, display directly to a TV, or record your performances live to share instantly on Facebook or YouTube.
- Media Access - Create stunning mashups using all your media on your iPhone or iPod touch, including videos, music, and footage from camera roll. vjay also comes with a free bundle of pre-loaded artist videos and high-quality footage.
- Real-time video transitions, audio visuals effects – vjay comes with stunning audio & video effects, looping tools, visual transitions, and real-time VideoScratch™.
- Live Movie Recording – With a simple touch of a button, easily save your mixes to the iPhone or iPod touch in real-time.
- Instant Facebook and YouTube sharing - Instantly share your personal vjay recordings with friends via Facebook and YouTube.
- Support for external displays – Easily plug into a TV and stream videos wirelessly to Apple TV.
- Built-in camera integration - Quickly record your own video clips using the built-in camera and add them to your mixes on the fly with added special effects
- Integration with iTunes Store – browse, search, preview and purchase music videos on iTunes from within the app.
Requires iPhone 4S (or later) running iOS 5 (or higher) or iPod touch (5th generation or later) running iOS 5 (or higher)
? Direct access to user's media on the device (music videos, movies, camera roll footage, music)
? iTunes Store integration (search, browse, preview and purchase artist music videos)
? Built-in camera integration
? Portrait and landscape modes
? Video Transitions
? Audio Visual Effects
? Live Movie recording with instant export to Facebook or YouTube
? Fullscreen mode
? Support for external displays via iPad adapter cable (HDMI, VGA, or Composite) and AirPlay for streaming video and audio
? Colorized EQ
? Slow-motion (time stretching)
? Split A/V crossfade mode (crossfade video independently from audio, and vice versa)
? Advanced Audio Tools: Waveforms, Auto-Gain, Automatic Beat and Tempo Detection, Beat-matching, Slicing, Auto-Sync, Pitch-bending, Cue Point, Looping, Speed Change, Reverse Playback
? Support for multi-route audio (e.g. HDMI + built in headphone jack) and multi-channel audio interfaces.
? Support for major audio formats like MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
? Video formats supported: H.264 and MPEG-4 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second in .mp4, .m4v and .mov file formats
Supported external hardware (optional):
- External displays and TVs via Digital AV Adapter (HDMI), VGA Adapter, or Composite AV Cable
- Apple TV + AirPlay enabled AV receivers
- Numark iDJ Live, Mixdeck Quad, and ION iDJ 2 Go MIDI controllers
- Vestax Spin 2 MIDI controller
- Griffin DJ Cable
• Follow @Algoriddim on Twitter
• Become a fan of Algoriddim on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AlgoriddimOfficial
Article By BradT
bradt has written 504 awesome app reviews.