Downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6
iOS 7 Beta 1 was released last night, I told you how you can install it on your terminals without having a registered UDID here, but can you can a downgrade without problems? The answer is yes, you can downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6 without problems, but unfortunately you will not get a version that can be jailbroken, unless you have an iPhone 4. For the remaining terminals have to downgrade to iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.4, depending on the version of iOS which is available for your device. For iPhone 4 you can use redsn0w to do the restore from any iOS version, but the method is not yet verified.
For any other device follow the procedure below and you will immediately return to iOS 6.
1. Download iOS 6.
2. Enter your device in DFU Mode by following the instructions below:
- hold down the power button for 3 seconds;
- without releasing the power button press the Home button for 10 seconds;
- after the 10 seconds passed release the Power button and the phone should already be in DFU mode and redsn0w will start to implement the exploit.
3. Open iTunes and connect the terminal to the computer.
4. Hold down the Option key (for Mac) or Shfit (for Windows), click Restore button and select the .ipsw file downloaded at step 1.
Allow iTunes to install iOS, and finally it should work without problems.