FutureTap renames Street View app to "Streets" adds major updates
Back in February we told you about “Street View” a new app from FutureTap, today we can announce that the company has released a major update to their app. Not only have they given the app a major overhaul, but they have also renamed the app to “Streets” in order for it to be found easier on the App Store.
Ortwin Gentz of FutureTap states:
“Streets 2.0 offers panoramas with much higher resolution and greater zoom range than Google Maps. And it’s optimized for iPad, too. No wonder, more than half the app launches are on iPads.”
Here are some of the major highlights of the app:
- Displays street view panoramas in worldwide locations
- Searches cities, addresses, or contacts
- Selection of 500+ “gallery places” interactive panoramas
- NEW: Share panorama pictures via email, iMessage, Facebook, and Twitter
- NEW: Save panorama pictures to the Camera Roll
- NEW: Display the panorama photo date by tapping on the title bar
- And Many More!
Version 2.0 adds a great number of useful new features. These are the most important ones:
- A blue overlay indicates the street view coverage to inform the user whether street view is available for a given location. Alternatively, the current traffic conditions can be displayed in the map.
- Google vector maps and high resolution satellite imagery instead of the standard Apple map provide a richer, more detailed map experience. The map can be tilted and rotated using touch gestures.
- Interesting panorama findings can now be shared with friends via email, iMessage, Facebook and Twitter or saved as geo-referenced photos in the camera roll.
Pricing and Availability:
Streets 2.0 is available through the end of July at the introductory price of $0.99 (USD); after that it will cost $1.99. It can be downloaded worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category.
Previous owners of FutureTap’s Street View 1.x are eligible to receive Streets 2.0 as a free update.