Learn To Open Applications Using Siri
In iOS 6, Siri has acquired the ability to open applications on your order. This means that the days when I had to scour through countless pages of the Home screen, among folders or search through Spotlight for an application are gone.
Now, as long as you know the name of the application that you have installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can say it to Siri and it will open, saving us time lost looking for it. To open an application using Siri, you must follow these steps:
1. Hold down the Home button to open Siri;
2. Tell Siri to open the desired application. For example: “Launch App Store”, “Open Facebook”;
3. If you have not told the full name of the application, or if Siri find more results with the same name, it will present a list of all the applications that match that search;
4. You either say the full name of the application or click the application name from the list;
5. Wait for Siri to open the application.
*Steps 3 and 4 can be omitted if you say the full name of the application or if you don’t have multiple applications installed with that name on your device Siri will directly open the desired application.