Monkey Preschool Lunchbox – Review
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Monkey Preschool Lunchbox
Version #: 1.0 (iPhone OS 3.0 Tested)
Date Released: 2009-08-31
Developer: THUP Games LLC
Price: 0.99User Rating:
A monkey, a lunch box, and a preschooler—mix them together and what do you get? A fun app for preschoolers.
Monkey Preschool Lunchbox is made up of 6 simple games—a jigsaw puzzle, a “match” game”, a sticker board, a counting game, a game where you select the fruit that starts with a particular letter, and a game where you select all the fruit of a particular color.
Each game is brightly colored and nice sounds that enhance the game. Instructions are spoken as well as displayed in a “word balloon” (like in a comic strip)—helping to reinforce the words and letters.
When a game is completed successfully, the monkey does a little dance. The order of the games is random, which helps to keep to get the game from getting monotonous.
I tested the app with my kindergarten daughter. She was definitely too old for the game as each screen was easily completed for her. Even though she wasn’t in the games demographic, Preschool Monkey Lunchbox still kept her attention for a 20 minutes.
The combination of the various games, cute monkey, and bright colors makes Monkey Preschool Lunchbox a winner.
Would I Buy Again:Absolutely--My daughter loved it!
Learning Curve:Low--a 5 year old was able to do control the app without any instructions whatsoever
Who Is It For:Preschoolers
What I Like:The variety of games keeps the app fresh. And my daughter LOVED the moneky
What I Don't Like:It be nice if you could configure the 'difficulty' of the game
Final Statement:Monkey Preschool Lunchbox is a winner of a game for preschoolers
*** FEATURES ***
-5 different games that teach kids about colors, letters, counting, shapes, and matching.
-Lovable animated monkey helps kids along as they play the games.
-Dozens of sounds and voice recordings of colors, letters, fruit names, and more.
-Animated Stickers! Kids get a sticker reward after every other game they win.
-Designed for preschoolers -- no confusing menus or navigation.
-Unlimited play! Each game flows right into the next.
*** INCLUDED GAMES ***
1. COLORS. This picky monkey only likes fruit of a certain color, touch only the color they like to pack the lunchbox. Teaches colors, color names, and grouping.
2. MATCHING. Match pairs of fruit hidden behind the cards to pack lunch for this monkey. Teaches focus and memory.
3. COUNTING. Count off the fruit the monkey is looking for to fill up the lunchbox. Teaches numbers and counting.
4. LETTERS. This monkey only wants fruit that starts with a certain letter, pick the fruit that starts with that letter. Teaches letters and letter sounds.
5. PUZZLE. This monkey's fruit broke into pieces! How odd! Put it back together for them. Teaches shapes and pattern recognition.
Article By edRwc
edrwc has written 84 awesome app reviews.