Noisepad Review – Drum and bass at your fingertips
App Type: Uncategorized
By: MediaGROE B.V.
Version #: 1.2
Date Released: 2012-03-22
Price: 4.99User Rating:
As its name would suggest, Noisepad is an app that well, makes noises. A synthesizer of sorts, Noisepad comes with pre-recorded loops for users to play around with, enabling them to create their own music.
With a large amount of virtual MIDI pads for users to tap, as well as a virtual mixer for users to slide around, users are given a large amount of control to how they would want their sounds to become.
Aesthetically, the app adds a nice realistic touch by having virtual light bulbs flash and pulse appropriately with the sounds generated. This makes the app resemble a real mixer of sorts, giving an extra awesome feel when churning out new tracks.
A nice function that Noisepad comes with is the ability to play your music collection in the background while the app is launched. This would mean that potential DJs can create their own edits or remixes by adding extra beats and rhythms to their favorite tracks. This is definitely something interesting to play around with.
Noisepad is something geared towards the sound enthusiasts. Complex and rather difficult to understand, this is not a toy for the laymen. However, if you are interested in mixing and synthesizing sounds, then this is one app that you will want to check out.
Would I Buy Again:Yes
Learning Curve:Complex for the uninitiated
Who Is It For:Sound enthusiasts
What I Like:The sharp attention to details
What I Don't Like:N.A
Final Statement:Boom boom pow
It adds a new dimension to your live-sets, parties and all places where you want to make noise. Realtime built in effects such as pitch, delay, cut-off, phase, reverb and bit-crush will bring your noise to life.
If all that isn’t enough, you simply upload your own samples to the custom soundbanks using iTunes.
- Sound effects: Pitch . Delay . Phase . Cut-off . Reverb . Crush
- Slider double tap: reset the effect to the off position
- Soundbanks: samples & beats are organized into multiple sets
- Cut: each sample cuts previous sample
- L/R: switch the orientation to suit left or right handed
- Tap: tap for the tempo of your effects
- Volume: set the Noisepad volume separately from the device volume
- Effects Dry / Wet: set effect strength from 0 to 100%
- Audio output: output meter
- In-App shop: download the latest samples from your favorite artists
- Background music: play a track in iTunes and make some noise on the same device
- Custom soundbanks: upload your own samples using iTunes*
* Supported sound formats:
(.CAF / .WAV / .MP3 audio files, 22khz / 44khz / 48khz, stereo / mono ).
Noisepad Chuckie Edition
Chuckie is the first A-list artist to be involved in the development of Noisepad. In a need for live sampling on stage in combination with his standard gear, Chuckie came up with this mobile tool for his livesets.
This edition of Noisepad comes with 36 samples (44khz stereo) from the new Chuckie hits 'Who is ready to jump' and 'What happens in Vegas'.
Now available in the in-app shop, extra soundbanks!
- DJ Waxfiend Jamrock (36 samples)
- Krafty Kuts Short Vocals (36 samples)
- Krafty Kuts Vocals (24 samples)
- Krafty Kuts Samples (36 samples)
- more coming soon...
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.