Shark Dash – Review – From pigs and birds to sharks and ducks
App Type: Uncategorized
Version #: 1.0.1
Date Released: 2012-04-19
Price: $0.99User Rating:
A mix between the catapult system of the Angry Birds franchise as well as mini-golf, Shark Dash is a highly addictive game that utilizes the physics mechanisms that add to the realism of the game.
In Shark Dash, players take control of toy sharks in a bathtub with differing abilities to take out the toy ducks floating across the water. With an assortment of 4 different sharks to choose from, players must use the capabilities of each shark to their advantages to finish each level.
In each level, players launch their sharks catapult style into obstacles to collect coins and bonuses, as well as to take out the ducks that stand in their way. To spice things up a little, tricks and traps are scattered across the playing field. This is where the abilities of the different sharks come into play.
Use a shark like Sawy to, as his name might suggest, saw through chains and drop items to smash the ducks. Other abilities include the ability to jump out of the water amongst other stuff.
For a casual game like Shark Dash, do not expect to have heavy, visual intensive graphics found in most 3D games. Rather, Shark Dash chooses to utilize a cutesy cartoonish effect that will appeal mostly to little children.
For $0.99, this is one app that is recommended for download. While obviously intended for the little ones, the adults might find this a refreshing experience from the countless shooting and fighting games that are aplenty on the market.
Would I Buy Again:Yes.
Learning Curve:Simple to understand, a challenge to master.
Who Is It For:Casual gamers.
What I Like:The cutesy graphics.
What I Don't Like:Game gets rather repetitive after awhile.
Final Statement:Time to shoot some ducks down!
Sharkee and his merry band of toy sharks were living happily in the bathtub. That is, until a bunch of mischievous ducks came along to ruin their peaceful little world. These cheaply-made rubber duckies are a little loopy from the chemicals they are made of, and now they’re teasing the sharks, playing pranks like they owned the place! But when the ducks kidnap Sally, Sharkee’s girlfriend, that’s when Sharkee and his buds have had enough! Join a wild journey to tricky bathtubs around the world, save Sally and get rid of the dimwitted ducks!
BATH TIME HAS NEVER BEEN THIS FUN
• Amazingly accessible gameplay: Simply drag and release the shark’s tail with your finger to launch him at the ducks!
• Dispose of the duckies, grab all the coins, and finish each level with the fewest jumps possible to earn 3 Stars! Use your Stars to unlock new levels!
• Not happy with your last shot? Undo it and try it again!
A WILD JOURNEY IN BATHTUBS ALL OVER THE WORLD
• Make your way through 96 levels with more to come in future updates!
• Visit 4 different environments, from ancient Rome to distant Japan!
• Complete tons of missions & unlock loads of achievements!
MEET THE MOST ADORABLE BAND OF BATH TOYS
• Sharkee, the hero and fearless leader of the merry band of plastic sharks
• Sawy, whose incredible saw nose can cut chains and drop heavy objects on those dastardly ducks
• Hammy, who uses his Jump Slash skill to leap through the air and hit ducks from incredible trajectories
• Scuby, Sharkee’s twin brother, a calm and meditative toy who likes to swim through the watery depths to take out duckies wherever they hide
Grab enough coins and you can upgrade the appearance of your sharks with cool new skins!
Visit our official site at www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/gameloft or like us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on www.youtube.com/gameloft.
Discover our blog at https://blog.gameloft.com/ for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.