The Infinity Project 2 – Review – Hunt down the aliens who harmed us
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Crazy Robot Games
Version #: 1.1
Date Released: 2012-08-06
Developer: Crazy Robot Games
Price: 2.99User Rating:
Infinity Project 2 strongly resembles the HALO series of games. An epic first person shooter for mobile devices, this is by far one of the best shooters I have come across.
Set in a futuristic world, the basic gameplay concept of Infinity Project 2 involves gunning down hordes of alien enemies to move on to the next stage. What is cool is that players are equipped with high tech futuristic weapons that not only amaze, but have some serious firepower to them as well.
The plot of Infinity Project 2 is not only extensive, but contains an intriguing twist as well. No spoilers though.
As for actual gameplay, controls are mapped out via virtual buttons placed across the screens. These are buttons that are thoughtfully placed so that they do not clash with one another. Fighting basically includes a shoot and a melee attack button which I found really handy, as this meant that I was less likely to get killed while toggling between my weapons.
In terms of graphics, the game appealed very well to me. The sharp and crisp renditions of the maps and guns complimented by smooth gameplay added plus points to the overall gaming experience.
Priced at $2.99, this is one app that does not really come cheap. However, compared to games of a similar genre such as N.O.V.A and its sequels, Infinity Project 2 does stand on par with them and thus is a very worthwhile purchase.
Would I Buy Again:Yes.
Learning Curve:Moderate. Controls are easy to handle but gameplay intensifies early which makes it harder to cope.
Who Is It For:FPS fans.
What I Like:The graphics and the intense gameplay.
What I Don't Like:Game gets a little draggy.
Final Statement:Shoot all the aliens!
What People are saying:
- "Incredible!!!- Its Like Fallout And Mass effect had a baby." iTunes Review US
- "AWESOME-graphics are awesome... Story mode is huge.... Fun free roam, cool weapons.... This game is my top 1" iTunes Review US
- "WOW- This game is surprisingly amazing and cool. The graphics are great, the humor is funny and the gameplay is smooth and different...Its a brand new style game which i have never come across before in my gaming life and i would recommend to everyone its amazing." iTunes Review UK
The Infinity Project 2 is a new kind of First Person Shooter game with elements of free roam and linear game play blended to create a deep and interactive story.
An evil alien race called the Talon’s have time traveled from the year 2243 to sometime in Earth’s past and drastically changed Human history. You must follow them and investigate when this happened to try to stop them. Along the way you find out humans may not be the innocent victims in this galactic battle for survival!
Fight through different environments and times, battle your friends online with Game Center or Local WiFi and Bluetooth, or try your skill with 10 levels of survival mode. Post your high scores and achievements to Facebook and Twitter!
You will be thrown into a battle for survival not only for yourself, but for all of mankind that spans thousands of years. Stop the invasion of Earth before all is lost.
The Infinity Project 2 features 3 game modes full of action.
1) CAMPAIGN MODE: an exciting campaign and engaging story.
- Choose from 8 characters to play and 4 specialty enhanced Human Augmentation Suits (HAS) each with its own special ability.
- Explore and fight through a Post Apocalyptic earth, alien space ship, destroyed space station and more, all with astounding visuals.
- Search for and use unique perks to temporarily enhance your HAS Suit abilities such as run faster, cloak, shields, and more.
- Earn experience points and trophies to compare with your friends on Game Center.
- Earn additional trophies and perks by completing side-missions.
- Investigate how Earth’s history was changed and battle through different times that span thousands of years!
2) SURVIVAL MODE: 10 un-lockable survival levels.
- Battle countless waves of enemies to see how long you can survive while gaining credits to spend in the armory to buy perks, more ammo, different weapons, and better armor.
- Earn experience points to compare with your friends on Game Center.
- Un-lock levels as you increase in experience.
3) MULTIPLAYER: battle your friends with 5 levels of multiplayer fun.
- Increase in rank as you gain experience to unlock perks and better armor.
- Battle up to 4 players on Game Center and 6 players with local/bluetooth.
- Compare experience points with your friends on Game Center.
- Choose from 8 characters to play (11 for multiplayer)
- Long and engaging campaign
- Survival mode with 10 un-lockable levels
- Game Center Achievements
- Online Leaderboards
- Game Center and local multiplayer featuring 5 maps
- Multiple Skill Levels
- Choose between 3 customizable control schemes
- Enhanced special effects for iPhone 4s and up, and iPad 2 and up
NOTE to iPod Touch 3rd Gen users:
The Infinity Project 2 may not run on this device due to large memory requirements.
Visit our webpage for more screenshots, videos, Contests, updates, and announcements! www.crazyrobotgames.com
Join our Facebook page for updates and announcements!
Article By Eng Wei Jie
A water polo player from Singapore, Wei Jie devotes most of his time to training. However, when he's not occupied by water training or pushing himself in the gym, expect to see him squinting at his iPhone testing out new apps.
eng-wei-jie has written 308 awesome app reviews.