Toki Tori – Review
App Type: Uncategorized
By: Chillingo Ltd
Version #: 1.2
Date Released: 2009-06-27
Developer: Toki Tori
Price: 0.99User Rating:
Toki Tori is a chicken on a quest to collect all the eggs scattered about a platform type maze. From the opening screens, to the graphics on the levels this game just extrudes light hearted fun. It’s got the same ‘feel’ of Lemmings with and a bit of Mario mixed in.
The controls are super easy to use–just tap where you want Toki Tori to go and he walks there! If he can’t walk there, a red arrow appears (if he CAN walk there, a green arrow is displayed). If you want to see more of the screen, you can pinch in and out; to pan around the world, use two fingers!
The game pacing is nice—not too difficult to make it frustrating, and not too easy to make it boring (like in globall). As you’d expect, each level is a bit more challenging adding new ‘bad guys’ into the mix, as well as new ‘tools’ you can use such as building a bridge, ‘hyper jump’, and a freeze ray gun. By limiting the number of times you can use your new ‘gadgets’ per screen it makes you think carefully on how to solve the screen.
To keep the replay value ‘high’, clearing one “world” lets you go to the next “world”, but also opens up access to “hard” levels in previous worlds.
Would I Buy Again: Probably…it’s a fun game
Learning Curve: Great interface; it really utilizes the touch features well
Who Is It For: Platform gamers, people that like puzzles, and fans of Lemmings
What I Like: Cute graphics, fun game play, and great controls
What I Don’t: Nothing that I can think of off hand.
Final Statement: This is a fun game to play overall. I won’t say that I’m addicted to it, but I’m sure I’ll be playing it an awful lot
Just some of the great features waiting for you:
* Tailor-made multi-touch control scheme
* Some of the best graphics you will see on iPhone
* A wide variety of items and weapons introduced gradually during the game
* 80 levels spread over 4 large worlds* Dozens of hours of gameplay
* For all ages - accessible and hard levels available
* Catchy music and sound effects
* Interactive cut-scenesWhat are you waiting for? Take Toki Tori home today - you won't regret it.Toki Tori is developed by Two Tribes and published by Chillingo Ltd.
Article By edRwc
edrwc has written 84 awesome app reviews.